ULC Robotics is a leader in product development and engineering services for the natural gas, energy, industrial and electric distribution markets. We are committed to solving operations and maintenance problems while reducing costs, increasing efficiency and improving safety. ULC operates under four divisions capable of performing a wide range of specialized services to accommodate the industries we serve.
We have an immediate need to add a valued member to our research and development team. This is a unique opportunity to work with very smart and creative people on interesting projects in a dynamic environment.
We are currently seeking a detail oriented, proficient electronic engineer to assist in the design and implementation of state-of-the-art electronics to create a wide variety of robotic devices and sensors.
The ideal candidate will have experience successfully completing complex projects, will be capable of handling a diverse task load, and will be ready to take on new and interesting challenges daily. A positive, team-oriented, and proactive attitude is essential.
- Design intricate microcontroller based control systems incorporating both analog and digital circuitry
- Develop custom motion controls for various types of motors and actuators
- Create and implement novel sensor technologies
- Generate schematics and layout medium complexity printed circuit boards
- Operate as part of a team of other software, firmware, and electrical engineers
- Provide accurate estimates of electronic project resource requirements
- Work closely with our management team to ensure projects are performed on time, on budget, and at the highest level of quality
- Some professional experience preferred
- Experience creating schematics and printed circuit boards using the Altium Designer suite of tools
- Experience with ARM microcontroller based systems
- Familiarity with communication interfaces such as I2C, SPI, USB, Ethernet, and CAN
- Strong communication skills and strong technical writing ability
- A self-starter capable of handling a variable task load under minimal supervision
- Experience working with the Microsoft Office suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Capable of travelling (minor domestic and international travel may be necessary)
Our team is motivated, dedicated and thrives on developing industry-leading products and services that can transform the way our clients work. We foster a unique work environment that inspires employees to express their ideas and work collaboratively towards finding innovative solutions to problems. We attract top talent by offering some of the best benefits in the industry. Some of the benefits we offer our team are listed below:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 4 weeks of PTO on an annual basis (prorated on date of hire)
- Aflac Insurance programs including