POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the design of all components of Busse/SJI equipment. This individual shares the responsibility for fit and function of components they design along with the Electrical Engineers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Create complete and accurate drawing packages.
2. Insure timely release of complete and accurate work.
3. Engage in effective, innovative designs for superior, cost effective products.
4. Practice standard drafting practices in the utilization of AutoCAD Electrical.
5. Work with the electrical engineering team to develop, design, and maintain AutoCAD electrical databases and symbols.
6. Provide assistance in establishing engineering specifications.
7. Maintain and develop engineering standards and procedures.
8. Monitor design performance with regards to quality, cost effectiveness, and timeliness.
9. Provide assistance to outside customers.
10. Provide production drawings for Manufacturing.
11. Work with Manufacturing to improve drawing packages.
12. Engage in reduction and/or elimination of the cause (i.e. poor engineering).
13. Track and monitor revisions on drawings.
14. Research part history to aid in correct decision making, as well as, the avoidance of duplication of previously designed parts/components.
15. Generate, complete and control ECNs as required.
16. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. AutoCAD Electrical, as well as, standard drafting procedures.
2. Associates degree or any combination of education and experience in lieu of a degree.
3. Knowledge of Value Engineering principles, NEC, NVPA, JIC principles.
Job Type: Full-time