Georgia Pacific has an immediate opening for a dynamic and enthusiastic Electrical Controls Engineer at our Cumberland City, TN facility. The Cumberland City plant offers a team-based environment where members work collaboratively to produce high-quality gypsum products for the building industry. Georgia-Pacific offers a competitive salary, benefits and opportunities for growth. If you are seeking an opportunity where you can use your skill and knowledge to innovate and create value, we are interested in learning more about you!
Georgia-Pacific’s Building Products business is consistently among the nation’s top suppliers of building products to large warehouse retailers and building materials dealers. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com. And, to learn more about our gypsum products, visit www.gpgypsum.com.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Managing electrical controls and computer systems to drive and support overall plant performance through improved plant uptime and machine utilization
- Driving and support Electrical Preventive and Predictive Maintenance functions and repairing of manufacturing equipment, electrical controls, electrical equipment and functions in the facility and other related duties. (Electrical systems, VFDs, Flow meters, Load cells, Batching scales, RTD’s and thermocouples, etc.)
- Designing, programming, modifying and maintain PLC and HMI systems
- Recommend and support maintenance functions for the facility, as well as electrical PM’s; to include reviewing/updating all existing PM’s and generating new PM’s per equipment as new equipment is installed or upgraded; work order, repairs and improvement projects
- Continuously observing areas for plant improvements and presents opportunities for ongoing improvement projects
- Project Oversight/Process Logic – Executing complete plant projects, electrical designs, creating electrical schematics, panel layouts, electrical bill of materials, ladder logic and/or technical SOP for reliability and manufacturing personnel
- Promoting safety through proactive involvement in safety training, plant safety programs and implementation of Electrical Safe Work Practices
- Demonstrating strong collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Possessing a quest for knowledge/willing to learn; sense of urgency, self-motivation, principle-based entrepreneurship
What You Will Need:
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with robots and robotic controls
- AutoCAD Electrical proficiency
- Advanced knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC programming
- Demonstrated technical writing capabilities
- Ability to design control systems using PLCs, flow controllers, sensors, robotics, and other electronic components
- Knowledge of Serial, DeviceNet, and EtherNet/IP communication protocols
- Experience in automation systems, vision systems, proximity and photo sensors, servo controls, motors, drives, and Variable Frequency Drives
- Ability to analyze and repair components using conventional and digital multimeters, voltmeters, ohmmeters, and hand tools
- Knowledge of electrical safe work practices – National Electrical Code, and NFPA 70-E
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf