Dr. P. Phillips Hospital (formerly Orlando Regional Sand Lake Hospital) is a full-service medical/surgical facility serving the residents of Southwest Orange County and Orlando’s growing tourist population. In addition to a highly qualified team of nurses, support staff and physicians, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is equipped with the latest technology in diagnostic imaging, cardiovascular catheterization and angiography.
Specialize in Unparalleled Patient Care at Dr. P. Phillips Hospital. With an international reputation for highly specialized care and state-of-the-art medicine, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital is a 237-bed, full-service medical/surgical facility serving the needs of Southwest Orange County residents. In addition to being supported by a team of outstanding nurse leaders, top-quality support staff and world-renowned physicians, Dr. P. Phillips Hospital will take your skills and capabilities further with the latest tools and resources, as well as leading-edge technology in diagnostic imaging, cardiovascular catheterization and angiography. Here, we have built a reputation around solving complex challenges, hiring the best professionals and staff to lead our patients toward the best outcomes. We were selected as one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2020. We received this national distinction due to our success at creating an empowered, engaged and satisfied workforce.
We are searching for an EKG Technician that will Perform EKGs and places Holter monitors on patients.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certification
- Scans Holter tapes/flash cards and prepares for physician interpretation.
- Maintains accurate and precise documentation.
- Responds to cardiac/respiratory arrests, assisting when needed.
- Accurately records verbal and telephone cardiology orders from physicians in the patient records.
- Participates in the hospital quality assurance program.
- Communicates openly and effectively with all members of the healthcare team.
- Assists in clerical duties.
- Transmits EKGs done on the floors to the data management systems.
- Prepared completed EKGs for physician interpretation.
- Once interpreted, is responsible for editing the preliminary report to match the physicians’ interpretations with precise accuracy, and charts the confirmed report.
- Assists with Cardioversions, Tilt Table Test, and Exercise/Pharmacologic Stress Test.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and procedures.
Other Related Functions
- Assists with transporting patients.
- Schedules patients for cardiology procedures.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possesses the ability to assess date reflective of the patient’s status and interprets the appropriate age-specific needs, and to provides the care needed as described in the department’s policies and procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for professional growth and development and continuing education.
Orlando Health is one of Florida’s most comprehensive private, not-for-profit healthcare systems providing access to nearly two million Central Florida residents and has provided care for more than 4,600 international visitors annually. Our physician practices, diagnostic centers, hospitals and advanced medical treatments and procedures, along with our highly qualified team of medical specialists, have distinguished Orlando Health as a healthcare leader. We are one of Central Florida’s largest employers with more than 15,000 employees and nearly 3,000 affiliated physicians supporting our philosophy of providing a continuum of care that revolves around patients’ needs. As a leading healthcare resource, providing world-class medical care as well as training our future healthcare providers, Orlando Health will continue to foster growth and development throughout the region for generations to come. We are looking for talented individuals to be part of our team.