Education Project Manager
Reports to: Director, Education
The Society of Hospital Medicine (SHM) is a national non-profit organization, representing over 17,000 hospitalists and the patients they serve. Hospital medicine is the fastest growing medical specialty in modern healthcare, focused on the delivery of comprehensive medical care to hospitalized patients. SHM is dedicated to promoting the highest quality care for all hospitalized patients and overall excellence in the practice of hospital medicine through quality improvement initiatives, diverse education offerings, advocacy and research.
SHM’s home office is located in Philadelphia’s vibrant Spring Garden neighborhood, just north of Center City, near both parking and public transportation. SHM’s culture embraces collaboration, innovation and a strong entrepreneurial spirit. Successful employees are comfortable with rapid change within healthcare, proactively solve problems, enjoy a fast-paced approach and thrive on interacting with diverse teams.
SHM’s employees drive strategic growth, program management and customer service across the organization by creating and sustaining innovative, member-centric programs across its key program areas. These including SHM’s live and digital educational offerings, practice management initiatives, advocacy efforts and more. In addition, SHM’s unique Center for Quality Improvement drives improved patient care by spreading evidence-based quality improvement interventions and developing leadership skills and knowledge through key partnerships with national organizations, foundations and industry.
The Education Manager reports to the Director of Education, and provides overall support for the Education Department products and meetings. Primary responsibilities include ensuring compliance with accreditation requirements, managing plan-do-study-act cycles with program owners, and managing faculty for point of care ultrasound programs. This position also provides support for education and e-learning customer service. The ideal candidate is familiar with the principles of learning, very comfortable with computers and new software tools, works well with high level volunteers, has an eye for detail, and possesses a willingness to take on new projects and responsibilities.
DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support the SHM partnership with the American College of Chest Physicians, coordinating with their staff to manage the Point-of-Care Ultrasound Certificate of Completion for Hospitalists.
- Serve as primary program lead for SHM’s Point-of-Care Ultrasound program.
- Manage and support continuous improvement to SHM’s Point-of-Care Ultrasound Image Portfolio program
- Serve as staff liaison to task forces, and committees as assigned.
- Manage applications, required documentation, and volunteer training sessions for SHM CME activities, supporting other content departments and the SHM Chapter CME joint providership.
- Serve as staff liaison to accrediting bodies for CME and MOC, such as ACCME, AMA and ABIM.
- During reaccreditation years, lead self-study and performance in practice applications to ensure SHM maintains full accreditation status (next 2022).
- Serve as support staff for reporting and customer service for live education events and e-learning.
- Work independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects; respond to requests on own initiative and drive timelines and deadlines.
- Adhere to and promote SHM’s values by performing respective duties in a manner that supports and contributes to the achievement of SHM’s goals.
- Maintain positive relationships with SHM members and external vendors
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, and/or 5 years demonstrated career experience with educational best practices
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Experience organizing and maintaining files for complex projects.
- Ability to prioritize workload to meet deadlines while being flexible.
- Organizational skills and continual attention to detail.
- Friendly, personable demeanor with flair for volunteer management.
- Creativity, intellectual curiosity, and "out of the box" thinking to improve processes and innovate new programming.
- Ability to prepare and edit documents, research, and compile information.
- Effective verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills, including excellent grammar and editing skills.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities.
- Desire and ability to work creatively as part of a team and independently
- Masters in Education
- Experience using Learning Management Systems
- Experience creating innovative education or other programming across online and live environments.
- Competitive compensation package
- High-energy, business casual atmosphere
- Opportunities for leadership, professional development and career advancement
SHM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 – $35.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Project Management: 4 years (Preferred)
- One location
This Job Is:
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place