JOB TITLE: Education Partnerships Manager
REPORTS TO: VP, Content and Product Strategy
Bartleby is seeking a highly motivated and exceptionally well-organized Educational Partnerships Manager to build and maintain a global network of talented educators for a variety of up-and-coming content and product initiatives. Applicants should pride themselves on their excellent communication abilities and should share in bartleby’s mission to help students learn better.
- Identify educational partners: Research and recruit gifted educators from tenured professors to whiz-kid tutors who can lend their subject matter expertise and pedagogical insights to content initiatives, product and marketing focus groups, and faculty panels.
- Build trusted relationships: Maintain open communication and help to balance the needs and deadlines of bartleby’s initiatives against competing demands for educators’ time.
- Develop strategic projects: Work with bartleby’s product and content teams to develop a deep understanding of initiatives and match those initiatives to the right expert. Collaborate with each educator in your portfolio to ideate and execute on projects.
- Keep it all moving: Skillfully route, and maintain version control over all documentation flowing between educators and key project stakeholders.
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Complies at all times with the Standards, Policies and Code of Business Conduct and Ethics as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Communications, English, Marketing or equivalent work experience.
- Deep understanding of educators within a university setting, educational institutions, and a clear passion for education.
- 2+ years of relevant experience in education, technology, digital media, publishing, or client facing, strategic or marketing roles.
- 2+ years of experience building and managing networks of freelancers, contractors, and/or consultants.
- Leverage a strong understanding of K-12 and college students to help bartleby produce valuable, relevant content.
- Outstanding communication skills:
Ability to communicate concisely and persuasively in multiple formats, including email, digital presentations, and verbal conversations. Experience working directly with partners at various levels of leadership and across organizational and cultural backgrounds.
- Exceptional project management & organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial, self-starter who can roll up their sleeves or up-level as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player mindset; has the ability to influence and motivate others.
- Proven ability to think ahead, engage proactively and take initiative.
- VP, Content Management and Operations
- Director, Content Strategy
- Manager, Content
Barnes & Noble Education, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.