DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMIC SECURITY
Your Partner For A Stronger Arizona
1789 West Jefferson St., Phoenix, Arizona 85007
Would you like to be part of an amazing culture that helps Arizonans reach their full potential through temporary assistance? The Arizona Department of Economic Security is looking for individuals that are committed to service, community, and teamwork.
Why Should You Apply?
We offer a competitive benefits package that is unmatched by the private sector and a culture that encourages team success and advocates for personal advancement.
- Affordable Health, Dental and Vision
– Paid Vacation and Sick time off – start earning it your 1st day
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Contribute to, and participate in the Arizona State Retirement System
- Ride Share and Public Transit Subsidy
- Career Advancement Opportunities
Please contact us at (602) 542-1235 to start your career today or apply through azstatejobs.azdoa.gov. Requests for accommodations can be made by calling this number or by clicking this link to access the ADA Job Board.
The Department of Economic Security is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team as an Education Coordinator. This position will supervise, develop and strengthen formal and informal partnerships with educational programs throughout the State of Arizona. Education programs include, but not limited to high schools, career and technical education programs, vocational training programs, community colleges, and universities. The Education Coordinator will work closely within the [email protected] network. The person in this position will work both independently and as a team member. The selected person will have heavy public contact, leading, participating, planning, and conducting education and/or job fairs or other large events. In-state travel is required. The person in this position must have reliable transportation and maintain a valid driver’s license. Hours may include some evenings, weekends and overnight stays.
- Identify education programs that align with the [email protected] strategic priorities, develop and strengthen relationships.
- Market [email protected] and establish formal and informal agreements regarding collaborative activities to assist in expanding job seeker access to education and student utilization of [email protected]
- Coordinate with Workforce Innovation Opportunity Act (WIOA) and other partners to develop, execute and evaluate a statewide strategic plan that prioritizes education programs that prepare job seekers in priority sector occupations.
- Present [email protected] information to small and large groups, facilitate discussions that promote and expand innovation and partnerships.
- Meet with officials from state, governmental, education and community organizations.
- Promote alignment of educational curricula with the skills that employers are seeking.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate trustworthiness, fairness, openness, focus and follow-through
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations.
- Ability to build strong relationships inside and outside the organization
- Practices of leadership and team motivation
- Interpersonal relationship skills
- Effective communication and facilitation techniques across various cultures
- Network development, and public speaking
- Event Planning and support, gearing the community to the right audience
- Effective Power Point, presentation, Excel Spreadsheets and Microsoft Word skills
- Ability to organize, manage, a complex and varied workload within a fast-paced work environment
- Develop effective and positive working relationships with diverse groups
- Prioritize, organize and schedule events
- Accurately analyze high volume of information
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of the educational community, training programs, DES programs, resources, policies and procedures
Licenses and Certifications:
- This position requires to drive on state business, the position will require the possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate tot the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
- The preferred candidate will have five or more years of experience developing and maintaining relationships in the business community
- Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired state employees
- Successfully pass background and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Program Ÿ Under Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI and VII), and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, and Title II of the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) of 2008; the Department prohibits discrimination in admissions, programs, services, activities, or employment based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics and retaliation. To request this document in alternative format or for further information about this policy, contact your local office; TTY/TDD Services: 7-1-1. ŸFree language assistance for DES services is available upon request.