Can you think quickly and respond swiftly in emergency health situations? Do you have a strong team mentality and thrive on providing valuable technical support to doctors and nurses in emergency departments? Are you a self-starter, detail oriented and good communicator, even in times of stress? If you said yes, keep reading – we may have the perfect opportunity for you.
As an Emergency Care Technician (ECT) for the Emergency Department at Hoag Memorial Hospital, Irvine, you’ll work under the supervision of our dedicated Registered Nurses to give emergency treatment to patients in need. Being a Hoag ECT means performing technical procedures and assisting physicians and nurses under the intensive and demanding environment of emergency care. Your work will support members of your team in offering the highest level of care to those who depend on us.
Inside Hoag Irvine’s ED
As a base station in the Orange County Emergency Medical Services System, Hoag’s Emergency Department provides high-quality and compassionate emergency medical care 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Patients range across all ages and acuities, from non-urgent to emergent. You will be responsible for taking and recording clinical measures, collecting specimens, providing transportation as necessary, and maintaining equipment and supplies.
Other duties may include:
- Electrode and restraint application
- 12-lead electrocardiogram placement
- Foley catheter removal and splint application
- Crutch/cane training
- Helping restrain patients for lumbar puncture procedures
- Visual acuity examination
Hoag employees consistently maintain a high standard of professional communication, appearance and conduct. They’re driven to excel and they’re deeply passionate about their work. To that end, we’ll expect you to participate in our continuous quality improvement process and maintain a working knowledge of departmental and hospital standards, policies and procedures.
We’re keen on following safety measures and infection control protocols, being attentive to details, and having intimate knowledge of the populations we serve.
Hoag is the Place to Be
We believe that when you join Hoag, you become part of a family. We’re deeply committed to giving back to those who help us serve our community, making your ongoing growth and development our priority. In addition to Pay for Performance salary increases, and sponsored training opportunities, Hoag employees enjoy:
- Annual performance incentives
- Safe Harbor bonuses
- Competitive 401 (k) program with matching contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Nursing Scholarships
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
- On-site childcare at our Newport Beach location
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- On-site Wellness Centers in our Irvine and Newport Beach campuses that include discounted services for massage therapy, acupuncture, mediation and mindfulness, yoga, Pilates and fitness coaches
We look for passion, an ownership mentality, and out-of-the box thinking. If this is you and Hoag sounds like home, please apply. A member our Talent Acquisition Team will contact you if they want to know more.
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) certification or completion of an EMT course, or the successful completion of two (2) semesters in a Registered Nurse degree program.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation certification.
- Recent experience as an EMT, Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) or military corpsman.
- Additional skills and knowledge of equipment may be required.
- Phlebotomy certification.
There’s no Place Like Hoag
Recently, Hoag was recognized as the highest ranked hospital in Orange County in a 2018-2019 U.S. News & World Report. The organization was also ranked the #4 hospital in the Los Angeles Metro Area and the #8 hospital in California.
We’re an industry leader at the cornerstone of exceptional patient care – but we can’t do it without you.
To learn more about us and see our culture in action, check out this video on YouTube – https://youtu.be/O7YXZfHmhV4.
- Job ID #: 47484
- Type: Part Time
- Shift: 3rd
Join the conversation and follow us on Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn @hoagcareers.
Hoag is an equal opportunity employer.