$46 – $230 a day
DriversEd.com is hiring to join our Road Safety Team in San Francisco area as a Professional Driving Instructor.
- Be genuinely interested in teaching defensive driving and willing to make a difference in student’s lives
- Have interpersonal skills and able to give clear instructions. Have good communication skills and speak fluent English. Bilinguals are a plus!
- Be an excellent driver and have basic vehicle maintenance skills
- Have high attention to detail
- Be attentive and focused and able to stay calm during emergency situations.
What an applicant needs:
- Home internet access, basic computer abilities, reliable transportation, and a cell phone.
- Must possess at least a HS Diploma (Certified translation of HS diploma is required, if issued by other country), or GED certificate or Official Transcripts.
- Have a valid driver’s license and be at least 21 years of age (DMV requirement). Must have a clean driving record and must pass a background check.
- We prefer that you can work 4-6 days per week, preferable hours from 2pm – 9pm on weekdays, and on weekends flexible hours from 7am-9pm. We also prefer that you are available to teach 12-24 hours per week, but more hours may be available.
- Complete our FREE State required-DMV Instructor Training program, which includes: an internet (study-at-home) program and one-on-one In-Car training. Depending on your availability, training can be completed in as little as two weeks to a month.
- Occupational License which requires DMV Application, Fingerprint scanning (Livescan), DMV physical health report, drug testing. These items are required during our FREE Training Program.
- You will be an employee, not an independent contractor. You will teach in a dual-brake controlled company vehicle. We pay all gas and business expenses. You and students are under our insurance coverage.
- 401k with company match and PTO (vacation pay) – accrual based on hours worked.
- Our part-time instructor’s average income is $500 per week or more! (or $46-$230 per day.)Generally, the greater your availability, the more students are likely to be scheduled for you.
- Work close to your home and earn extra money that is flexible around full-time jobs
- If employed, there are opportunities for BONUSES!
Being a Professional Driving Instructor can be very satisfying. Your job is to give others lifelong skills, to be safe and competent driver. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $46.00 to $230.00 /day
- High school or equivalent (Required)