Title: Delivery Driver / Dispatcher
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Requirements: Valid Driver's License, Clean Driving Record
Summary: Performs a combination of tasks to check out, track, receive, inspect, repair and store various tools and equipment. This is accomplished by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Checks out tools upon proper request.
- Completes requisite paperwork and makes necessary computer entries, if any, in order to effectively track the checked out tool.
- Inspects tools upon return, tags faulty tools and sends to repair area for evaluation.
- Restocks returned tools that do not require maintenance or repair to its proper location.
- Performs minor repairs or maintenance on tools.
- Upon proper request, distributes disposable products, such as cleaning fluids, paint and other like products.
Supervisory Responsibilities – This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
- Competencies – To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management – Completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; establishes and maintains constructive working relationships; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership – Displays passion and optimism; inspires respect and trust.
- Change Management – Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; supports organization's goals and values.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Measures self against standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
Qualifications – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience – High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Language Skills – Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills – Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Reasoning Ability –Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills – Computer skills may be required for this position.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations – Depending on the job site, certain certificates or licenses may be required.
Other Skills and Abilities – For safety reasons, it is imperative that the employee be able to read and speak fluent English.
Other Qualifications – It may be necessary to travel or commute for this position.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds and will frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is
Austin ("The Company") is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy prohibits discrimination against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, military status, genetic information or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
- High School or better
Licenses & Certifications
- Valid Driver's License
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)