We are looking for someone to join our Estimating and Engineering department as a draftsman. We have found that our engineers and drafters make great estimators because they are able to get in and understand the scope of the project, and by doing so in the estimating process are able to create more accurate estimates. The person we seek would be responsible for taking the principles of physics and mathematics and using them to provide practical solutions that are dependable, realistic and cost effective. There must be a balance between innovation, creativity and standardizing proven methods. By studying product design, customer requirements and performance standards, they estimate based on current market and other criteria set by the department. Once the job has been approved, they create production and fabrication instructions. They establish protocols and the sequencing of project elements. They also contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. They must always be thinking of newer, more efficient, and better ways to produce products, utilizing new systems and upgrades.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Create and maintain estimates in our Point of Sale software
· Determine build and scope of each project
· Stay knowledgeable of all materials and manufacturing processes
· Learn and understand processes of how items are built/can be built. Know and understand the capacity of each department and be aware of the current capacity level of every department in the company, due to sales order conversion rates and system awareness.
· Read and decipher architectural renderings and footprints.
· Take all information on approved jobs and prepare that information for production
· Ensure that engineering sheets are created in a reliable and accurate manner that includes all appropriate information
· Research and development
Skills and Specifications
· Ability to think spatially
· Experience building/creating/designing
· Able to change gears/directions often
· Able to build relationships
· Experience with Microsoft Excel
· Experience with Adobe Illustrator preferred, but willing to train the right candidate
· Experience with Drafting
· Good communication skills
Medical insurance. HSA available with some plans.
Paid vacation, sick
401K with a generous employer match program.
Great employee pricing on the materials and products we offer to our customers.
Relative flexibility. Life happens, and we work as much as we can to accommodate those “happenings”.
Monthly activities where we gather as a company for fun events, like potluck lunches, team building activities, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off