Lawley Insurance has a great opportunity open for a Document Management Associate in the Buffalo, NY office. This position is open due to internal promotion and a great way to learn the insurance world at the ground level. This person will work in our Document Management Center opening and sorting mail for distribution, delivering mail throughout the building, shipping packages, and maintaining supply levels. The ideal candidate has some experience in an office environment (even an internship!), a positive attitude, exceptional customer service skills, and doesn’t mind being on their feet. Lawley is a family owned organization with strong core values and an emphasis on work/life balance. We offer excellent benefits, generous PTO and holiday time, bonus eligibility, and endless development opportunities through our own learning and development program, Lawley University. If you are looking for a great way to come into the insurance industry, are a team player, and a great multi-tasker, please consider applying today!
- Opens and sorts incoming mail for distribution and dispatches outgoing mail
- Distributes mail within Buffalo branch and remote offices
- Processes first class, certified, and return receipt mail through postage meter
- Maintains adequate supplies for the Document Management Center
- Determines most efficient and cost effective ways for shipping packages
- Monitors and maintains the operation of mail processing equipment
- Packages, weighs, and labels letters and parcels according to United States Postal Service, and Federal Express, standards
- Provides administrative and back up support for the Document Management Center (could include back up support to front desk reception/call handling/assisting visitors, daily retrieval of documents from carrier websites, looking up clients in EPIC for scanning, retrievals, and distribution of documents, etc.)
- Physical requirements of frequent bending & frequent lifting up to 10lbs
- Support all Lawley initiatives as requested, guided by company values, sales culture, business needs and scorecard
Successful candidates ideally possess:
- Associates’ degree preferred
- Positive attitude, even in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional customer service skills and ability to work on a team are a must
- A passion to make customers and coworkers feel important and valued
- Ability to effectively multi-task, work quickly and efficiently
- Precise verbal and written communication skills, even under time constraints
- Basic math and computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work well independently and on a team
- Experience in working with labeling machines, postage meters, and electric mail handling equipment
- Prior experience with mail handling, including familiarity with postal & shipping rates and regulations
- Minimum of 1 year experience in related work environment
What’s in it for you? The Lawley Advantage!
- Fulfilling career securing your clients’ well being
- Competitive salary, referral bonuses AND annual bonus eligibility
- Great Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Wellness– the works!)
- Educational and growth opportunities
- Generous PTO and 401K upon hire
- Comfortable, family oriented culture
- Office hours 8-4:30
- Work hard, play hard!!!