PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Load, secure, and deliver docks & lifts to customers in a timely and safe manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Deliver items to different addresses and through different routes.
- Follow route and time schedule.
- Prepare shipment; wrap, band, secure, and move product as required.
- Communicate with Managers and Customers in a professional manner.
- Load, unload, prepare, inspect and operate delivery vehicle; utilizing fork lift when necessary.
- Obey traffic laws and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, or brakes, to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
- Present bills and receipts; turn in upon return from delivery.
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping papers.
- Maintain records, such as vehicle logs, records of cargo, or billing statements, in accordance with regulations.
- Read maps and follow written or verbal geographic directions.
- Perform emergency repairs, such as changing tires or installing light bulbs, fuses, tire chains, or spark plugs.
- Consistently assist customers and present self in a professional and courteous manner.
- Assist the materials department in all other aspects when not delivering shipments
NONESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other duties as assigned.
CORE COMPETENCIES: (Knowledge, skills and abilities)
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential function of this position.
- Oral Communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/Organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and Security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Detail Orientated – the individual must demonstrate the ability to create and review accurate documents.
- Math – ability to perform all basic math
- Confidential and Ethical Conduct
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be 18 years old
- Organizational and time management skills
- Good driving record
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employee must be able to push and pull up to 50lbs; climb on and off trailer; climb on/off forklift; and adjust/lift the lift extensions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.