Rally House is seeking a District Manager to join our growing team. The primary role of the District Manager is to provide leadership, management, and supervision of the store operations of multiple store locations within an assigned market. The District Manager will plan, implement and follow up on all initiatives and processes within the market. This position is responsible for driving sales and profitability while ensuring the customer experience meets company standards. This position is responsible for fostering a positive in-store-culture with a focus on the customer experience, associate development and exceeding sales goals while controlling expenses. As well as supervise a multi-store district to ensure customer satisfaction and profitable business growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Control labor within guidelines by approving all weekly schedules.
- Review profit and loss statements. Determine areas of opportunity to improve and maximize bottom-line profit.
- Control and minimize expenses through POS discounts, store use of supplies, employee discounts, and damaged inventory.
- Analyze reports, communicate appropriate information to COO to maximize business opportunities and improve district profit
- Train Store Managers in recognizing and influencing their business by understanding reports and acting on the knowledge.
- Motivate leaders and associates to achieve their maximum potential.
- Plans, identifies, communicates and trains on key responsibilities and practices to the store management team to ensure smooth flow of operations within the district.
- Reviews store environment and key business indicators within the district to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement.
- Demonstrate ability to plan, prioritize and communicate Company objectives.
- Properly manage time to ensure all are achieved.
- Effectively organize resources and communications to maximize personal and district performance.
- Establish, train, and demonstrate exceptional customer engagement.
- Provide management & associates the tools necessary to ensure an active selling culture in the stores through training, development, and weekly role play.
- Provide positive resolutions to challenges and complaints from customers.
- Supervise stores to ensure Company standards for visual presentation, signage, cleanliness, and organization are maintained.
- Responsible for the overall leadership, visual merchandising and display presentation, fixture layout, and visual operation within an assigned district.
- Conduct weekly store visits to drive a consistent execution among stores and ensure that directives are read/interpreted in a consistent manner; utilize Store Visit Guides to provide feedback on overall store experience.
- Utilize all available tools to supervise stores ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Ensure stores follow all safety standards to safeguard the working and shopping environment.
- Assist store management in maintaining inventory levels ensuring stock does not deplete
- Ensure only corporate approved fixtures and advertisement promotional materials are used in stores
- Ensure store ambiance and merchandising execution standards are met in every store.
- Prepare and perform physical inventories ensuring accurate counts are taken
- Ensure loss prevention directives are in place. Work directly with LP Manager in cases of employee theft.
- Ensures the district is fully staffed and maintains quality bench strength.
- Coach, confront, and counsel leaders and associates to improve performance.
- Assess subordinates on positive performance and assist with formal performance evaluations.
- Administer the progressive steps of discipline to include verbal and written warnings.
- Interact regularly with all levels of store staff to gain insight on store morale and to gain suggestions from the store level on operational efficiencies and customer experience.
- Control payroll expenses by assisting the store manager in scheduling budgeted hours. Ensure store manager is scheduling based on business needs
- Interview, hire, and train store management
- Motivate, coach, counsel, and develop teams focused on selling.
- Manage and approve vacation requests ensuring stores are always adequately scheduled
- Show initiative to assume additional responsibilities.
- Demonstrate ability to adapt to changes in direction and priority.
- Exemplify a "Whatever It Takes!" spirit.
- Travel within a given geographic area to assure your region is meeting all expectations.
- Ability and willingness to travel overnight as needed, i.e. Events, training, new store openings, hot markets, etc.
- Ability to work varying days and hours, based on business needs.
- Minimum of 3-5 years Store Management experience with a focus in fashion apparel and with proven results.
- At least 2-3 years of multi-store retail management experience required with a focus on fashion apparel.
- College degree preferred.
- Strong networking, recruiting, training, visual merchandising and operational skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with stores, executive management and corporate office.
- Strong aptitude for interpreting retail data and applying solutions as problems arise
- Ability to adapt to change and assume added responsibilities.
- Proven track record of driving and maximize sales goals, while controlling shrink and payroll.
- Foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and innovation.
- Have established, taught, and demonstrated exceptional customer service through training, development and lead by example in a specialty retail environment.
RH is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer