Ashley Furniture HomeStore, the #1 Mattress and Furniture retailer in North America, has an immediate opening for a Distribution Center Lead. The ideal candidate will ensure that all merchandise displayed and sold by the store is assembled and in perfect condition with complete customer satisfaction.
OUR COMPANY OFFERS GREAT BENEFITS, INCLUDING:
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Opportunity for advancement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Retirement Benefits
- Employee Purchase Discounts of 30% or more
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge of all unpacking, prep, and assembly procedures and specifications required to properly prepare all merchandise in the company’s product lines.
- Ensure the company objective of total customer satisfaction is achieved by guaranteeing all merchandise is in perfect condition.
- Unload inbound product.
- Ability to locate merchandise in designated shipping bays for delivery.
- Repackage all returned, pulled, repaired or return to vendor merchandise prior to relocation into racks.
- Service customers by assuming all aspects of warehouse customer pickups, including unpacking, inspection, meeting customers, payment and loading.
- Must be able to safely maneuver furniture on a two-wheel dolly without the aid of another person.
- Clean and organize Distribution Center.
- Assist with various warehouse tasks when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to communicate in the English language in both speech and writing.
- Ability to carry out goals and instructions and to follow through on assignments.
- Demonstrates a customer focus.
- Ability to maintain heavy physical activity during shift.
- Ability to use a two wheeler.
- Ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, and walk frequently.
- Ability to work in in-door/out-door climate.
- Must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus to read reports, view computer screen, etc.
- Must be able to hear and understand speech to interact with others.
- Must be able to speak so that others will be able to understand.
- Will remain in a seated position for extended periods of time.
- Will remain on one’s feet in an upright position and move about on foot.
- Will bend, squat, stoop, kneel, crouch and reach at or above shoulder level.
- Will lift and carry objects up to 50 pounds and more with assistance.
- Will work predominately in a warehouse environment; occasional work at new retail locations under construction. Potential exposure to oil, latex, and spray paint, household chemicals, biological odors and household dusts; moderate office noise.
Ashley Furniture HomeStore is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ashley Furniture HomeStore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Basic Computer Skills