ABOUT THE COMPANY
Apria Healthcare’s mission is to improve the quality of life for our patients at home. We are looking for empathetic, thoughtful and compassionate people, to meet the needs of our patients. Already an industry leader in healthcare services, we provide home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help our patients sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer.
- Evangelize our customers and turn our disgruntled patients into our biggest fans.
- Support our Field teams, Operations and Sales, by delivering timely feedback that empowers our teams to deliver exceptional patient experiences.
- Critically problem-solve common complaints by flagging trends and partnering cross-functionally to recommend and implement preventative measures.
- Proactively create a better patient experience.
- Be a champion of the employee experience and drive our unique company culture.
- Support the development and implementation of employee programs that nurture our company's core values to engage employees and create a positive culture.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates professional etiquette and courtesy when interfacing with customers and technicians regarding issues that impact the delivery and ability to effectively route a work order to a technician.
- Responsible for performing routing and dispatching activities.
- Routes all same day deliveries according to Logistics policy and procedures.
- Schedules and organizes daily deliveries and pick-ups for delivery employees according to geographic area and availability of delivery employees.
- Schedules additional deliveries as patient and referral requests are received.
- Responsible for monitoring a drivers’ progress and communications to and from patients and referrals regarding errors in addresses, time frames, and any other work order issues that negatively impact the routing of a delivery or missed time windows.
- Participates in developmental tasks designed to build supervisory skills.
- May occasionally perform supervisor’s responsibilities if there is a temporary shortage of department supervision.
- Updates ACIS and the Standard Route Maintenance when necessary.
- Reviews Logistics Reports to monitor inefficiencies and compliance of route order completion.
- Coordinates with Division and Region management on all action plans that would ensure driver compliance with targeted financial objectives.
- Identifies, and places any new O2 patients on a recurring delivery cycle (minimum requirements: LOX-E2W, Cylinders-E3W).
- Ensure patients do not suffer service failures and communicates with the branch staff the date of patient’s next delivery and cycle that patient is placed on if needed.
- Compiles data on delivery productivity, such as number of stops made and number of miles driven.
- Assists delivery employees with special orders and equipment. May assist delivery employees with the loading of trucks when necessary.
- May Route and Dispatch for other locations if needed.
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Will Vary based on job
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Patient-Focused: You start with the patient and work backwards. You invest the time and energy to understand the patients’ objectives, then tie all your activities directly to the achievement of those objectives.
- Action-Oriented: You thrive as a self-starter who proactively senses and responds to problems and opportunities and requires minimal supervision.
- Collaborative: You love teamwork. Your colleagues love having you on the team. You work well across functions and groups.
- An Effective Communicator: You write and speak clearly, concisely and with a spirit of partnership. You actively inform and inspire with your messaging. You speak plainly and are transparent with your business colleagues.
- Energetic & Passionate: Your passion and energy for health and well-being is deeply founded in your desire to help others and to be a positive role model.
- Relationship Builder: You excel in getting people involved and building a network of contacts that allow you to multiply your influence on the organization.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Intermediate skills in Access, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio, Word
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Intermediate level mathematical proficiency, with a strong ability to understand, interpret and develop spreadsheet data.
The essential duties and responsibilities, physical requirements, and work environment described above are representative of those typically required for this position but may vary depending on staffing and business needs at specific locations. The inclusion or omission of a specific duty or physical requirement is, therefore, not determinative of whether that function is essential to a specific individual’s position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to assist or enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.