Plan and coordinate the movement of trucks and freight between cities in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensures Health & Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Determine the daily level of driver staffing to provide the best mix of responsiveness and productivity.
- Responsible for planning inbound/outbound schedules to support logistical requirements of Rineco.
- Maintain daily communications with all working drivers.
- Map reading skills are necessary for determining the most practical and profitable routes.
- Responsible for preparing routes and calculating mileages for outbound and inbound scheduling.
- Must be able to direct the pickup and delivery activities of drivers.
- Troubleshoots and resolves potential pickup/delivery problems before they result in service issues.
- Record and document relative information and distribute to appropriate departments.
- Take the lead role in communicating logistical and staffing needs to other Operational personnel.
- Communicate with CSR's to schedule pickups, drops and plant needs to maintain the integrity of the operations schedule.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
Heritage believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the company to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Education: High School Diploma or its equivalent required.
Experience: Two years of office experience is required. One year of Trucking / scheduling experience is required. Prior knowledge of DOT hazardous waste regulations is preferred.
Knowledge and Abilities: Excellent communication, organization, and computer skills. Map reading skills are required. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this position.
A post offer drug screen will be required.
EEO including disability/veteran