Intermodal Dispatcher job description.
- Starting work shift 0700-1600 Monday thru Friday. May change if necessary.
- Punctual, dependable and a great communicator.
- Willing to work over time if needed.
- Would be helpful if applicant had a minimum of two years experience in Transportation or Logistics although this is not a requirement.
- Aggressive in answering phones and resolving day to day problems
- Ability to easily route drivers from one location to another.
- Excellent typing skills and ten key proficient for data entry/prenotes.
- Able to multitask via phone, text and email.
- Microsoft Office savvy including excel, word and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational skills using multiple web links including REZ1, Customer Interface sites and Railroad tracking websites.
- Works well with others in a fast paced office environment/sometimes stressful.
- Must have good manners and respectful with drivers/customers on the phone and via email dialog.
- Proficient in using paper scanning equipment and attaching documents.
- Computer savvy/understands how to maintain hardware/software.
- Reliable to open or close the office if necessary.
- Helpful and considerate to assist coworkers if the opportunity arises.
- Attention to detail. Able to work with Pricing, drivers pay, FSC.
- Good at adding notes in real time.
- Willing to work weekend rotation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Dispatching: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible