Basic Function: Responsible for supporting safe, proper shuttle operations through scheduling, employee communication, and shift management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule vehicles and drivers for fixed route service; cover open shifts on short notice when necessary.
- Working knowledge of basic office equipment, such as phone, fax, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products—Word and Excel.
- Responsible for being at work every scheduled day, on time and in uniform.
- Possess a valid CDL Drivers License with Passenger Endorsement and DOT Medical Card to be carried at all times, while on duty.
- Have and maintain an acceptable DMV record.
- Courteously assist customers and employees alike by answering any questions they may have. If necessary, direct the customer to the Supervisor or Facility Manager for further assistance.
- Report any known accidents, observed or suspected violations of Company policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to the Supervisor or Facility Manager.
- Facilitate monthly driver meetings, company training requirements, and changes to daily operating procedures as necessary. Have a thorough knowledge of all areas of field operations, thorough knowledge of the major streets, landmarks and freeways in the service area.
- Assist Supervisor and Facility Managers with other duties as needed.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education Required: High School Degree or equivalent.
License Requirement: Per DOT Regulations, you will be required to have and maintain a valid CDL Class A, B or C Driver’s License depending on the location's hiring needs, with Passenger Endorsement if you will be responsible for operating shuttle buses with a passenger capacity of 15 passengers or more.
DOT Medical Card: A Medical Examiner’s Certificate (DOT Medical Card) is required.
Experience/Knowledge: Prior knowledge or experience with shuttle or other dispatched transportation operations, scheduling, employee management, and FMCSRs is preferred but not required.
Availability to Work: Special shift requirements, if any, will vary depending on a location's hiring needs. If applicable, availability to work 2nd shift, 3rd shift and/or week-ends may be required.
Language Skills: Ability to read, comprehend, write, speak and communicate all aspects of job related information in English. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers and other employees of the company.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract. Ability to understand and adhere to Hours of Service regulations, including frequent calculations involving quarter hours.
Appearance: Employees will be required to maintain a neat and clean appearance and be in complete uniform at all times.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to change frequently between a sitting and standing position The employee is required to reach and grasp with hands and arms and talk or hear using a phone or two-way radio.