Responsible for direct, effective, and friendly communication with our drivers, both over the phone and over the OBCS, and must communicate issues between our drivers, our customers, and coworkers.
Work Schedule: 5:00PM-5:00AM 4 days on / 4 days off
- Facilitate professional communication with our drivers over the phone.
- Facilitate professional communication with our drivers over the OBCS.
- Perform essential AS-400 functions to maintain our computer systems.
- Perform regular, thorough Fleet Scans to proactively catch and correct issues.
- Communicate issues via phone calls and emails with our Internal and External Customers.
- Complete thorough documentation of all issues involving drivers and loads.
- Ensure a high level of On-time Service is maintained.
- Critical thinking and problem solving using knowledge of company policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
The following requirements are also essential and expected of all employees:
- Consistently maintains a professional demeanor and communicates in a respectful and collaborative manner with coworkers, managers and others in the workplace.
- Follows direction, is engaged and productive, and is flexible and adaptable to changing conditions and expectations.
- Has ability to work independently and to collaborate with and support other members of the department and across the enterprise.
- Maintains regular and reliable attendance.
- Demonstrates the Company's core values and complies with Company policies and procedures.
- May be required to perform duties outside of the above responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
Scope and Accountability:
Completes moderately complex tasks following well-defined procedures; may involve a variety of work routines, applies a range of experience and/or skills, selects the appropriate alternatives from a variety of defined options, and may provide on-the-job training to new team members.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Transportation experience preferred, but not required
- Call Center/Customer Service experience preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of the FMCSR (Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations)
- Knowledge of U.S. and Canadian geography
- Knowledge of AS-400, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Outlook programs
- Ability to type 25 words per minute
Skills and Competencies:
- Functional/Technical Skills – Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Informing – Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organization; Provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; Is timely with information.
- Time Management – Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; Values time; Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities; Gets more done in less time than others; Can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Listening – Practices attentive and active listening; Has the patience to hear people out; Can accurately restate the opinions of others even when he/she disagrees.
- Customer Focus – Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; Acts with customers in mind; Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Composure – Is cool under pressure; Does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; Is considered mature; Can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; Can handle stress; Is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; Doesn't show frustration when resisted or blocked; Is a settling influence in a crisis.
- Conflict Management – Steps up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; Reads situations quickly; Good at focused listening; Can hammer out tough agreements and settle disputes equitably; Can find common ground and get cooperation with minimum noise.
- Organizing – Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; Uses resources effectively and efficiently; Arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Approachability – Is easy to approach and talk to; Spends the extra effort to put others at ease; Can be warm, pleasant, and gracious; Is sensitive to and patient with the interpersonal anxieties of others; Builds rapport well; Is a good listener; Is an early knower, getting informal and incomplete information in time to do something about it.
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all kinds of people-up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; Builds appropriate rapport; Builds constructive and effective relationships; Uses diplomacy and tact; Can defuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Technical Learning – Picks up on technical things quickly; Can learn new skills and knowledge; Is good at learning new industry, company, product, or technical knowledge – like Internet technology; Does well in technical courses and seminars.
- Compassion – Genuinely cares about people; Is concerned about their work and non-work problems; Is available and ready to help; Is sympathetic to the plight of others not as fortunate; Demonstrates real empathy with the joys and pains of others.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The duties of this job are performed in both an office environment and a light industrial environment, thereby experiencing some minor to moderate level of noise due to office equipment and industrial equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. All colleagues may be required to perform duties outside of the above responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
CFI is an equal opportunity employer that strives to create a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture.