At Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care.
We are looking to hire a Dispatch Operator in Boise! This position will be located at our Regional Medical Center off I-184 and Curtis Rd.
As a Dispatch Operator at Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center you work under minimal or no supervision to courteously answer and dispatch all received calls, alarms and emergent situations in a timely manner. This includes dispatching in our Boise, Nampa, Ontario, and Baker City Medical Centers.
Our ideal candidate will remain calm and organized under all types of situations, especially emergencies, while maintaining a high level of accuracy and productivity. This individual needs to be comfortable working in a team environment and should demonstrate professionalism with patients and staff at all times.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate's or bachelor's degree preferred.
- Dispatch experience preferred.
- Advanced Emergency Dispatch Certification required. If certification not currently held, employee must be certified within one year of hire as condition of continued employment. 24 annual renewal credits required to maintain certification.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support for HealthCare Provider (BLS/HCP) certification required.
- Knows, understands, incorporates, and demonstrates the Organization's Mission, Vision, and Values in behaviors, practices, and decisions.
- Mentors positive attitude towards hospital and department policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates leadership and independent problem solving skills; exceptional attention to detail, decision making abilities and the ability to use critical thinking.
- Assists in the accurate electronic and hard copy updating of all database accounts.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of and complies with regulations for HIPAA, MSP, Joint Commission and any other government regulations required of the Dispatch staff.
- Proactively takes on duties to assist other departments as defined by the director or manager.
- Assists the manager in clarifying and resolving customer issues timely.
- Monitors and documents all life safety equipment for SAHS and dispatches appropriate responders as necessary.
- Monitors and documents critical life plant functions and life safety functions per procedure and notifies appropriate responders timely and accurately.
- Monitors and documents security cameras and panic alarms for RHMs and SAMG and dispatches appropriate responders.
- Understands software to accurately track incidents as required.
- Maintains all badging functions for SARMC, SAMG, Trinity Health, and SAMC Ontario.
- Monitors, reports, and documents for Pharmawatch per regional contract to respond with the appropriate policy based on alert notification.
- Works in alignment with other Saint Alphonsus departments to complete the following responsibilities: SAHS STAT Release of Medical Records
- Maintenance and problem-solving for patient reminder telephone calls for SAHS Life safety equipment testing and reporting
Colleagues of Saint Alphonsus Health System enjoy competitive compensation with a full benefits package and opportunity for growth throughout SAHS and Trinity Health!
Saint Alphonsus and Trinity Health are committed to promoting diversity in its workforce and to providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect. We are committed to recruit and retain a diverse staff reflective of the communities we serve. Saint Alphonsus and Trinity Health are equal opportunity employers and prohibit discrimination against any individual with regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.