Requisition ID: 83759
Although TIC Denver is headquartered in CO.
TIC Denver is one of Kiewit’s Districts that focuses on construction projects in industrial settings. These projects range from Power to OGC, Industrial Manufacturing and Mining across the country. TIC Denver is an “open-shop” environment.
As an experinced Discipline Estimator with TIC you will play an integral part in the success of the organization. In this role you will provide estimates for your particular discipline (Structural Steel/Concrete/Civil, Piping (Process Piping and Yard piping), Mechanical, and Electrical) in the construction of complicated industrial projects.
- Establish and maintain budget control during Estimating/Pre-construction phases of the project.
- Analyze, review and interpret engineering contracts, plans and specifications to develop detailed, comprehensive construction estimates for large, complex industrial projects.
- Manage the estimating function and associated workflow in a project environment. Coordinate input from internal and external groups required for estimates and proposals
- Ensure estimating and proposal activities are in accordance to Kiewit/TIC codes and standards.
- Prepare and provide value engineering solutions including cost/schedule implications.
- Coordinate and maintain relationships with subcontractors and material vendors through the management of the estimating process, including solicitation of bids and constructability input.
- Assist in the development and training of other estimating staff and work with the Business Development department in preparation of responses to RFP’s and RFQ’s.
- Participate in interview preparations for negotiated bids and assist in the prequalification process.
- Manage dealings with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work.
- Lead successful team ventures, including development of employees and maintaining relationships with external entities and subcontractor community.
- Degree in Engineering with an emphasis in Construction Management or related fields is preferred
- 5-10 years of Construction experience with 3+ years in an estimating capacity
- Background in hard bid and design build procurement
- Strong background in Excel as well as Construction Estimating Software
- Candidates must possess a strong work ethic; good interpersonal skills; demonstrate good organization, verbal and written communication skills; excellent leadership skills
- Must be open to travel for pre-bid site visits, or when a field estimate is needed
- Act independently with little or no supervision, and as a team player
- Experience/exposure to multiple facets of Engineering
- Results oriented individual with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Work as a part of a large project team including both in-house inter-discipline engineers and construction superintendents to provide clients the industry’s best of both engineering, procurement, and construction
As one of North America’s largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
- 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.