This can be a remote position
Reporting to the VP National Sales -Retail, Wealth Management, CUNA Mutual Group, this leadership role requires an experienced, entrepreneurial sales leader looking to manage the FID national account management team. This position is responsible for leading the development and implementation of strategic relationships with identified Broker Dealers that distribute CUNA Mutual annuity products. The position coordinates with the external & internal sales teams of CUNA Mutual to develop a business plan to effectively promote product sales to achieve goals set forth for annuities. The role is responsible for business development strategies to expand product relationships where the opportunity exists within Broker Dealer relationships.
- Obtain selling agreements and develop relationships with targeted Broker Dealers. Communicate with key management; communicate product features and benefits along with product developments, ongoing sales & marketing campaigns, quarterly strategic planning to effectively partner with the Broker Dealer on their initiatives.
- Deliver against annuity sales targets in partnership with the FID national wholesaling team.
- Build and maintain key Broker Dealer relationships.
- Develop marketing campaigns in conjunction with the marketing staff and FID national wholesaling team.
- Grow advisors; increase the number of advisors that sell our products and increase sales. Meet with advisors to deliver our story and market appropriate introductions to staff.
- Conduct sales promotion and product training meetings.
The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional work experience.
- 10+ years of directly related experience.
- Industry leader in financial institutions broker dealer distribution.
- Broad experience working in the investment product sales industry with demonstrated success in the focus on wholesaling, key accounts and business development. Previous experience with annuity, retirement and/or investment products wholesaling and promotions preferred.
- Retail F2F experience selling similar products to Broker-Dealer partners. Experience selling to institutional broker dealer partners preferred.
- Demonstrated sales and marketing of annuities and their appropriate applications within the context of a needs based sales process.
- FINRA Series 6, and 63 required, 7 registration preferred, or obtained within 90 days in the position. Life and variable insurance license required.
- Strong pipeline/activity/territory management, independence and organizational skills.
- Strong entrepreneurial, leadership and communication skills.
- Desire and ability to collaboratively build out strategy.
- Exceptional public speaking skills.
- Willingness to travel.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.