Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
Would you like to be a part of a dynamic team that delivers innovative, leading-edge security solutions to some of the most important organizations in the world?
We are looking for a bright, passionate leader to help us develop our security software solutions. If you’re an experienced software development leader with a strong affinity towards security software and have a keen interest in fostering an environment of collaboration and continuous improvement while building security software used around the world, we’d like to hear from you.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**) :
- Manage, develop and lead a highly skilled team of software engineers, which deliver high quality software, on time while adhering to Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) practices, policies and standards.
- Develop and foster a culture of engineering innovation and continuous improvement
- Collaborate with other engineering and functional leaders across the globe to establish and deliver on strategic plans and objectives
- Make decisions on software engineering matters and ensure achievement of objectives.
- Architect, design and manage ongoing improvements to delivery, deployment and customer experiences with product releases.
- Recruit, hire, train, and develop the engineering team members in order to meet current and future talent requirements
- Effectively manage customer escalations to resolution where the path to resolution might require engaging directly with external customers in addition to internal sales, product management, and professional services stakeholders.
- Collaborate with product management to develop and maintain technology and product roadmaps
- Lead analytical problem-solving activities, using proven methodologies to efficiently close technical issues
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of management experience
- 8-10 years of Software Engineering experience
- Experience leading or managing teams that have successfully delivered software to a schedule
- Excellent communication skills – ability to read, write and fluently speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Advanced knowledge of current software development methodologies and practices
- Ability to concurrently drive multiple projects and tasks
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Ability to supervise, motivate others, and lead by example
- Ability to organize and delegate work to various levels of management and software developers
- Advanced knowledge of company products and services
- Security software background
Project management experience