JOB TITLE: Director of Technology
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Operations
The Director of Technology establishes, strategically plans, and administers the overall policies and goals for NSBE's technology needs. The Director of Technology analyzes various departments' needs and determines ways to meet NSBE's objectives by modifying existing or developing new information processing systems. The Director of Technology is also responsible for generating budget, usage, and analytical reports regarding NSBE's technology in collaboration with the National Technology Chairperson.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the Technology Department, including infrastructure, budget, and applications
- Implements and oversees the execution of the strategic technology plan
- Develops, maintains, and tests disaster recovery plans
- Recommends and develops plans for systems development, maintenance and operations, hardware and software purchases, budget, and staffing
- Manages the development, implementation, installation, maintenance, and operation of informational, cloud, and functional systems for the organization
- Develops, implements, and monitors management information systems policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and legal and regulatory compliance
- Identifies consultants, negotiates, and manages contracts with consultants and vendors for services and products
- Provides support to end-users in the selection, procurement, usage, and maintenance of software programs and hardware
- Manages computer operation scheduling, backup, storage, and retrieval functions
- Reviews reports of computer and peripheral equipment production, malfunction, and maintenance to determine costs and impact, and addresses problems
- Develops training programs that keep staff and leadership up to date on NSBE's technology systems, software, and programs
- Works to deliver products and services on time and on budget
- Manages and oversees all stages of the development lifecycle for new projects
- Helps to prioritize short- and long-term objectives
- Manages the maintenance and upgrades or phasing out of existing systems
- Oversees the maintenance of hardware and software systems
- Stays up to date on security risks to ensures data security
- Reports progress and challenges to senior management
- Sees that all reported issues are resolved quickly and efficiently
- Performs other related duties as assigned by Senior Management
- Directly supervises all individuals working in the Technology division
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities by following the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Master's Degree (MA) in computer science, information technology, or related field and/or 4-10 years of related experience
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years of experience managing cloud applications, developing web applications, implementing database solutions, and/or managing a hybrid IT solution
- Certificates, Licenses, and registrations are desired
- Ability to manage others, delegate responsibility and provide support
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Have a high level of energy, positive attitude, and possess a selfless attitude for the benefit of the organization
- Must demonstrate a clear talent for understanding, motivating, and inspiring our leadership, staff, and consultants
- Ability to gain the respect and confidence of other team members
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People – Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating, and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products, and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Travel is required to National Convention. Occasional travel to other conferences, chapters, and other industry-related events may be required and assigned by management.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
As a result of COVID-19, NSBE's staff members are teleworking until further notice.
- Master's (Required)
- IT Director: 4 years (Required)
- supervisory: 4 years (Required)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place