Director of Sales
Experienced Director of Sales to work in a team atmosphere with the main goal of implementing a successful solicitation strategy to all market segments in order to meet or exceed revenue goals.
- This individual would be responsible for soliciting new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals. This will consist of telephone, internet and email solicitations; outside sales calls; site inspections; RFP responses; written communications; and file maintenance.
- Would oversee all group sales activities to maximize revenue potential. Participate in daily revenue meetings, sales strategy meetings, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales related meetings as required.
- Work with other departments within the hotel to provide quality service to our guests. Maintain knowledge of market, competition and customers.
- Work with General Managers and Revenue Managers to build revenue and accounts.
- The Ideal candidate will possess previous work experience as a Director of Sales. Position requires a hands-on style to include actively prospecting and qualifying new business.
- Requires good communication skills both verbal and written. Must possess good computer skills, including Google Docs and Microsoft applications.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a friendly and positive manner with internal and external customers. Ability to communicate customer needs.
- Ability to establish and master goals. Ability to identify and develop new accounts and markets. Ability to make independent judgments and function with minimal or no supervision.
- Must possess flexibility to travel when necessary, work on holidays and/or weekends if necessary and participate in the MOD (manager on duty) program.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Bonus pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Sales Experience: 5 years (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Virtual meetings