POSTING: Director of Sales
LEVEL Furnished Living in Chicago, Illinois is looking for an Executive Director of Sales. Candidates with passion for excellence, expertise in hospitality sales and proven sales track record are invited to apply for a career with LEVEL – https://stayinglevel.com/
The Executive Director of Sales should have integrity, a passion for the industry and a talent for developing strong relationships and sales management as evidenced by a successful history in hospitality sales. Relationships within the hospitality market and knowledge of venues and suppliers are a must. A solid understanding of corporate and association meetings is essential. Hands-on experience producing events, managing transportation and tour programs is a plus. Experience managing a 300+ long term stay furnished apartment complex is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead Sales and Marketing on initiatives to increase brand recognition, market share, and revenue per available suite.
- Solicit business through a variety of channels, including conferences, conventions, tele-prospecting, mailers etc.
- Meet aggressive sales targets and quotas.
- Obtain a thorough understanding of our market competitors.
- Produce monthly sales reports, budgets and projections.
- Participate and contribute with marketing programs and strategies.
- Provide leadership to all aspects of planning, organization and controlling the operation.
- Accept complete financial accountability for meeting and exceeding targets. This involves budgeting, coaching department managers to work effectively within the financial guidelines, and taking timely corrective action.
- Creates an operating environment that assures consistent guest satisfaction.
- Monitors the performance of the property through verification and analysis of guest satisfaction systems and financial reports. Initiates corrective action.
- Continually manage relationships with clients throughout the term of their stay in order to maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Prepares financial reports for management that clearly explain sales processes and results.
- understands the government regulations affecting property’s operations, ensuring property is operated in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, state or municipal authority.
- Develop new business opportunities using B2B cold calling, outbound sales skill and techniques
- Establish an effective sales call cycle for key customers, partners and contacts
- Develop and maintain a contact and customer database within (but not limited to) the following market segments:
- North American Corporate Market
- Incentive and Corporate Group Travel
- Industry Partners
- Film and Television
- Develop and promote product image and awareness by direct mail campaigns and attendance of key travel and tourism tradeshows.
- Prepare sales proposals to clients incorporating clearly defined terms and conditions.
- Maintain a clear line of communication on sales commitments to property Operations.
- Adhere to established goals and objectives, reporting guidelines consistently, completing all projects assigned in an accurate and thorough manner.
- 7- years of sales experience in DMC, Third Party, Hotel or Hospitality related industries and an established base of contacts
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in tourism, hospitality, event management or equivalent work experience
- CMP or DMCP certification preferred
- Financial acumen and understanding of pricing models and GPM
- Ability to manage staff, multiple clients and projects