Director of Sales and Marketing (Hospitality)
The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston
The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston is the city’s first and only hotel to receive the highly coveted AAA Five-Diamond Award. It is an elevated destination for elegant accommodations and high-rise living, masterfully blended with extensive meeting space, prominent office space, designer fashion, fine dining and sophisticated amenities all in one tower. The 700,000 square-foot tower showcases over 250 luxury hotel rooms, more than 150,000 square-feet of boutique office space and 20 executive residences, all with dramatic interior finishes and unobstructed views of the surrounding neighborhoods and Downtown. The 38-story building also features an elegant and expansive ballroom, the largest in the Uptown area. We are prominently located in the Galleria and Uptown Houston area along West Loop South with convenient access from Loop 610.
We are currently seeking a Director of Sales and Marketing (Hospitality) to join our team. If your skills and talents are a match for our needs, we can open the door to career opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead all Sales and Marketing initiatives required to insure Group Sales and Individual Business Transient opportunities are maximized for the property.
- Enthusiastically lead and motivate the sales team to ensure all business objectives are met or exceeded. Strategically deploy sales team and hold accountable to the creation of quarterly SMART plans with defined strategies, actions and measurable goals.
- Work closely with the Revenue Management team, Catering and Conference Planning to ensure the proper yield and selling guidelines are in place to effectively maximize all revenue streams.
- Build company profits by consistently delivering positive, courteous and professional guest service in all interactions with guests, visitors, vendors and fellow employees.
- Oversee and take an active role in the solicitation of key corporate transient accounts conference/ convention business, and high profile social catering opportunities.
- Maintains liaison with other hotel departments and Executive committee members to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Assist the General Manager and Executive team in the creation and implementation of a Marketing & Business Plan and Hotel Budget.
- Develops and maintains departmental budgets and oversee the incentive plan for the Sales team.
- Develops and maintains client files, proper use of Delphi and all related sales databases and lead logs.
- Ability to work flexible schedules, including nights, weekends and holidays is required.
- Ability to deliver an exemplary service level which creates an atmosphere that makes our guests want to return, giving each guest a positive, memorable experience.
- Commitment to routinely go above and beyond in the accomplishment of position responsibilities in an effort to play a role in the achievement of organizational goals.
- Must present an image of excitement and enthusiasm, while being able to project a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Display strong work ethic and team work.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, sales, business administration or related field or equivalent experience required.
- Prefer candidate possesses a minimum of 5 years previous management experience in a luxury, fast paced environment