Responsible for the daily activities required to run, maintain, and service the facility and/or the events of the Wildwoods Convention Center by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs, supervises and schedules all aspects of Operations, including Engineering; Building and Grounds; Technical Services; Event Services, including ADA compliance; Public Safety; Security; Custodial Services and Parking Departments.
- Coordinates the Operations activities with other departments and event related contractors to assure facility readiness and smooth operation of events.
- Implements and updates facility rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Provides clear, concise, and timely communication of directives to other departments.
- Ensures that Operations Department receives pertinent information for the most effective use of the facility and staffing.
- Oversees maintenance of the Physical Plant, systems, equipment and vehicles.
- Assists in the preparation of the Annual Operating Budget and recommends a capital budgets for 1-year and 5-year long-range repairs and improvements to the facility.
- Authorizes the requisition of equipment and supplies within budget guidelines.
- Provides yearly inventory of all equipment.
- Knows and ensures all laws, codes, ordinances, policies, procedures, Risk Management, safety precautions, rules/regulations and emergency procedures are followed.
- Develops program to train all employees on Fire/Life Safety, Emergency and OSHA Procedures.
- Investigates, analyzes and resolves operational problems and complaints. Conducts periodic staff meetings to discuss procedures, problems and policy changes.
- Works closely with the General Manager in the preparation and negotiation of Service Agreements. Reviews contracts for compliance with events and /or government specifications and suitability for occupancy.
- Negotiates with vendors, unions, contractors and/or service providers.
- Develops and implement preventive maintenance schedules, emergency procedures, safety and Risk Management policies in compliance with all Corporate and governmental regulations.
- Acts as liaison to public utility, environmental, and energy agencies. Assist GM in implementation of any energy saving guidelines.
- Coordinates and oversees special projects, such as construction, remodeling or expansion. Plans and directs outside vendors/contractors work to assure compliance with contracts and safety requirements.
- Serves as MOD (Manager on Duty) as required
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree from technical college with major in Management or Maintenance Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Supervising or Managing in a similar facility
- Additional experience may be substituted for education
- Supervisory experience required
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to prioritize and to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills required; ability to interact with all levels of staff including management
- Ability to effectively supervise staff
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and must be able to learn Maintenance Manager software program.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and as a team member
- Requires ability to work flexible and extended hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk extensively, occasionally required to kneel, climb to high walkways or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires work inside and outside of the building and some exposure to adverse conditions.
Please ensure that you are applying on our ADP site: https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1152751&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000688643206&_fromPublish=true#/