POSITION: DIRECTOR OF NETWORK OPERATIONS
Intrepid College Prep is a growing network of free, open-enrollment, high-performing public charter schools committed to preparing scholars to excel in selective colleges, earn professional opportunities, and graduate as financially literate professionals and positive leaders. Our Blue Chip Team currently educates nearly 700 students across two schools – Opportunity Academy, serving students in grades 5-8 and Independence Academy, serving students in grades 9-11 in 2019-2020.
Intrepid College Prep achieves remarkable academic growth for all scholars through our commitment to high expectations and high-quality support. During the 2017-2018 school year, Intrepid earned a level 5 growth score as measured by the Tennessee Value- Added Assessment System and was distinguished as a Reward School by the Tennessee Department of Education. This is a particularly notable achievement as we serve one of the highest English Language Learner populations among Metro Nashville Public Schools.
Our work grows scholars academically, financially, and socially – providing the skill sets needed to be game changing leaders in every facet of the future. Intrepid alumni will transform college campuses and the workforce, raising expectations for academic excellence, financial acumen and ethical leadership.
Lead Operations at Intrepid College Prep
The Director of Network Operations is a strategic, focused, agile member of the network team, working directly with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that Intrepid College Prep achieves its objectives regarding operations, strategy, and compliance at the organizational level. The Director of Network Operations will provide oversight over the network regarding: budgeting & spending, relationships with stakeholders & vendors, codifying & enforcing organizational policies, and the management & development of campus-based network teams. The Director of Network Operations is a critical role that will help to build new systems and structures that will shape the future of the organization and set us up for sustainable success as we grow.
Director of Network Operations Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Financial Oversight
- Create and deliver an organization-wide budget and communicate budget to necessary stakeholders.
- Hold network team, operations team, leadership teams accountable for budget.
- Lead finance committee meetings with applicable board members.
- Enforce financial controls, including but not limited to:
- Title I-III funding
- Invoice processing, payment approvals, financial audits, debit & credit coding
- Bi-weekly payroll changes for the network
- Oversee the annual fundraising goals and provide additional support, when necessary.
- Operational Oversight
- Serve as acting director of school nutrition program.
- Work with consultants & campus operations teams to ensure compliance of all aspects of food service, meal counting, state claims & reimbursements.
- Responsible for contract management including bidding & renewals.
- Delegates communication with vendors to campus operations teams, as necessary.
- Ensures state & district compliance via fire safety code, health code, food service, safety drills, and other district & state network-wide requirements, as necessary.
- Develop and manage unified network-wide systems regarding facilities, enrollment, attendance, reporting, inventory, procurement, internal controls.
- Manage the process of securing and maintaining facilities through long-term solutions that best meet the needs of students and staff.
- Oversee the ongoing maintenance of updating infrastructure, including hardware, software, and applications.
- Oversee information systems such as Infinite Campus, robo-call system, SAS, and enrollment tracking, delegating to campus & network teams, as necessary.
- Oversee charter renewal, AdvancED accreditation, audits, compliance and annual authorizer visits.
- Oversee the maintenance of personnel information, including new hire, termination, and other paperwork, delegating to campus & network teams, as necessary.
- Manage health benefits enrollment & deductions, delegating to campus & network teams, as necessary.
- Organizational Policy & Procedure Fidelity
- Codifying, revising and enforcing organization-wide policies regarding Finances, Operations, and Human Resources including, but not limited to:
- Spending limits
- Tuition assistance
- Teacher pay scale
- Leader pay scale
- Sick leave
- Paid leave
- Parental leave
- Leave of absence
- Termination procedures
- Emergency protocols
- Coaching & Developing Staff
- Manage the work of the campus-based Operations Teams.
- Support teams to set and meet yearly and quarterly goals + priorities.
- Provide ongoing coaching, support, and direction to help develop needed skills to succeed in meeting annual and quarterly goals.
- Lead weekly, biweekly, or monthly operations team meetings, as seen fit.
- Lead mediation meetings when necessary.
- Support in termination meetings when necessary.
- Strategic Planning
- Move forward strategic projects that aim to further our mission and impact.
- Revisit, revise and uphold the ICP Strategic Plan to create high, realistic, and accountable metrics for individual and network-wide performance.
- Partner with stakeholders (CEO, CSO, PALs, Network Team) for charter approval or applications, as necessary.
- Create a long-term growth & development strategy to ensure the sustainability of ICP.
Successful Director of Network Operations candidates possess the following characteristics:
- Intelligent, committed, gritty educators ready for challenge and the dogged pursuit of academic excellence.
- Dedication to educational success for students of color and low-income youth.
- Demonstrated evidence of the ability to reflect and articulate the lessons learned from past experience.
- Speaks Spanish or has experience working with bilingual students (preferred).
- Belief in and alignment with Intrepid College Prep’s core beliefs and educational philosophy are non-negotiable.
- Embody and advocate the mission, vision and strategic direction of the organization.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing Operations systems.
- Inspirational leadership and staff development experience.
- Effective and welcoming communicator with staff, students and families.
- Process oriented, analytical problem solver, strategic planner, solution oriented.
- Ability to serve as an ambassador and spokesperson for the organization and articulate our mission to external constituents.
- Strong strategic planning and project management skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and database management.
- Self-starter with a proven ability to meet and complete multiple tasks with solid deadlines.
- Flexible, people-oriented team player.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MS Finance or MBA preferred.
- Charter school experience strongly preferred.
- Minimum 5-8 years of directly related experience, preferably in an operations department of a non-profit or educational organization.
- At least 3 years in a leadership role.
The position will begin in July 2020.
We offer a generous compensation package. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies. Compensation is highly competitive; teachers are eligible to participate in the MNPS Retirement System.
Commitment to Diversity
Intrepid College Prep is an equal opportunity employer. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.