WE ARE MORE THAN A WORKPLACE…
We love what we do! As leaders in the area’s hospitality industry, our company is rooted in a strong, caring culture steeped in rich history and respect.
Joining our team means being a part of a flourishing, culturally diverse, and dynamic group of people focused on creating lasting memories. You will find your work rewarding as YOU make the difference to each of our guests. This is a place where friendships blossom and careers soar. As a company, we continue to grow and we hope you’ll grow with us.
The Director of Loss Prevention patrols the entire premises of the Resort to prevent and detect signs of intrusion or activity that affects the safety and security of people and property. They are responsible for enforcing policy and rules in a guest-friendly manner.
Responsibilities of the Director of Loss Prevention include, but are not limited to:
- Supervision and scheduling of Loss Prevention (LP) Officers as deemed necessary by needs of that particular property.
- Providing a safe environment for our guests, co-workers & all who may enter onto our property.
- Ensure all parts of the property are patrolled on a regular basis: Common Areas, Pool Decks, Parking Areas, Food & Beverage, etc.
- Documenting & Investigating any reports of injury, theft, property damage, or any incident of significance.
- Become familiar with CCTV System for surveillance & downloading of video.
- Acting as a liaison with law enforcement agencies, regarding any police related matter on property.
- Identify any unsafe conditions & ensure they are corrected in a timely fashion.
- Enforce rules that are posted on the property: Pool Hours, Wearing of Wristbands, Parking Locations, Reserving of Lounge Chairs, etc.
- In addition to LP Officers, supervise recreational staff such as Pool Attendants, Life Guards, Bell Staff, and other personnel as directed by the General Manager (GM).
- Update GM, daily, on any incidents that occurred within that period. Urgent matters should require immediate notification, either via phone or email.
- In addition to the above, perform any duties, as instructed, by the General Manager.
What are we looking for?
- Knowledge of basic security and emergency procedures.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in observing situations and decision-making.
- Skill in dealing courteously with the public.
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor and professionalism in stressful situations.
- A responsible and reliable leader, with previous supervisory experience.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Previous experience in Law Enforcement preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required
What Can You Expect?
Qualifying team members may enjoy the following benefits:
- Health Plan, Health Savings Account, and Life Insurance benefit
- Dental Plan
- Paid Time Off and Bereavement Leave
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Long Term Care, Critical Illness, and Accident
- Short-Term Disability
- Personal Cancer Protection
- Jury Duty Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Resort Accommodation Discounts
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals, including minorities, women, veterans & individuals with disabilities. We participate in E-Verify.
Bay View Resort
504 North Ocean Blvd
Myrtle Beach SC, 29577