Director of Data Analytics
New York, NY
A member of the IAC family, Teltech builds innovative communication apps that help people better enjoy their mobile-connected lives. From RoboKiller, an app that stops and gets even with telemarketers, to TapeACall, which records iPhone conversations, we build apps that protect our customers every day. We are looking to expand our team with creative, talented, and passionate people who are committed to the growth of our existing products as well as new products we intend to launch. Teltech's sister companies in Mosaic Group include iTranslate (Apple Design Award Winner 2018), Daily Burn (top-rated health and fitness company), and Apalon.
Teltech is looking for a Director of Data Analytics to oversee all aspects of data operations at Teltech (e.g. data engineering, business intelligence, data science, analysis, and insights). The candidate will be working closely with product and marketing teams to deliver insights and data solutions designed to optimize performance throughout the customer journey. The candidate will also be deeply involved in shaping the analytics team roadmap and work to identify opportunities to continue to develop and improve insights while focusing on profitability
- Gathers requirements from business stakeholders (product, marketing, analytics) and effectively translates them into a data environment that supports business needs
- Communicates clearly and effectively with business stakeholders, leadership, and executives
- Oversees the design and maintenance of data-warehouses (PostgreSQL and BigQuery) and data-lake (GCS)
- Ensures the integrity of batch and real-time data pipelines to ingest and process data from various sources such as product backends, third party platforms, etc.
- Proactively identifies challenges and new opportunities as it relates to data infrastructure, tools, and processes.
- Generates insights from users across each step of the customer journey (Acquisition, Activation, Retention, and Monetization).
- Conducts Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for identifying problems or events related to data discrepancies or changes and KPI trends
- Works with team members on setting department OKRs and aligns goals cross-functionally
- Sets vision, direction, and prioritization of all tasks and initiatives
- Delegates effectively and equitably, while also being hands-on when needed
- Mentors and coaches team
- 7+ years of working experience in a data analytics or data warehousing department
- Experience in bringing together personnel and building teams with data analytics, reporting, and warehousing skills, guiding them through successful execution and delivery
- Experience with cloud-based data warehousing solutions like Google GCP, Redshift, Snowflake, or Azure
- Must also have experience with relational databases such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Must be highly proficient in SQL and Python
- Experience building a robust reporting infrastructure through business intelligence platforms like Looker, Tableau, or Power BI
- Experience with LTV models and how they are used in evaluating the health of the business
- Experience interpreting and communicating results from A/B tests
- Experience in analyzing user behavior and how it relates to customer retention
- Experience in analyzing marketing performance across both digital and traditional channels
- We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.