ElectraMeccanica Vehicles Corp. (NASDAQ: SOLO) is a Canadian designer and manufacturer of electric vehicles. The company’s flagship vehicle is the innovative purpose built; single-seat electric vehicle called the SOLO. This vehicle will revolutionize commuting, delivery and shared mobility. The SOLO provides a driving experience that is unique, trendy, fun, affordable and environmentally friendly. InterMeccanica, a subsidiary of ElectraMeccanica, has successfully been building high-end specialty cars for 60 years. For more information, please visit www.electrameccanica.com.
So how can you help us? We want an enthusiastic individual that is proud of the work they produce. We hope you are as passionate as we are about revolutionizing the automotive industry. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the electric vehicle industry.
We are seeking a Director of After Sales & Service to join our lean and agile team in Los Angeles, California. This is a regular full-time role that reports to the Chief Operating Officer. The Director, After Sales & Service will take on a critical role for brand development and will take ownership of the customer for EMV. A successful applicant will be required to provide leadership in the service operational policy deployment, while embodying a culture of quality at ElectraMeccanica. This individual is ultimately accountable for managing the processes and systems for technical and tactical support, technical publications, on-going training, parts supply, regulatory & compliance relationship, and customer relationship management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build and develop EMV’s service network, identifying 3rd party service partners for locations not supported by EMV owned service facilities.
- Develop and maintain SOP’s for distribution and service centers. Setting KPI’s, manuals, procedures for service department.
- To manage all Service and Technical aspects for the full range of products with the objective of qualifying and achieving the standard of work for repair and replace.
- Develop & manage, in partnership with the sales & marketing team, a national network of certified service centers and manage the ongoing service repair process to meet corporate & brand objectives.
- Ensure compliance at the shop level with all federal and state regulatory agencies as well as county bylaws governing maintenance work, such as those concerning the removal of hazardous waste, etc…
- Supporting the warranty reporting processes and recall campaigns.
- Develop and manage a network of certified collision repair centers and manage the ongoing collision repair process.
- Implement processes to support all service and business operations, including service system for series production support, design for serviceability, and provide future feedback with engineering design guidelines (based on feedback from the service field operators).
- Oversee all Service Center and Panel Shop standard assessments as necessary with the corporate office.
- Continuously improve quality by accurately capturing field issues and ensure CAPA (Corrective Action Preventative Action) process is being followed in the field, including but not limited to, being the main point of contact between the quality team and all independent service centers, i.e. BSC, whenever critical safety issues are identified.
3rd Party Relationship Management
- Evaluate and make recommendations to the Executive on key 3rd party service providers.
- Manage the relationship with key 3rd party service providers.
- Develop SOP’s for 3rd party vendors, ensuring proper training and EMV standards are met.
- Build strategic relationships with vendors to service various EMV vehicles.
After Sales & Service
- Set-up all customer call aspects for after sales, providing the highest quality of customer service. Partner with Marketing & Sales to align customer messaging.
- Develop process on how to assist customer calls by geography (local EMV vs service providers in assigned city).
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Retail Development to determine location, size, and rollout timing for service locations.
- Administer and manage all aspects of customer and service center complaints pertaining to product reliability; assist service center and customers alike to find meet or exceed customer resolutions regarding the vehicle repair experience.
- Examine and apply company warranty policy ensuring claims are appropriately tracked & processed
- Coordinate and/or provide effective training to service center network to resolve technical problems
- Work with corporate office on the established tooling guidelines and diagnostic systems that facilitates rapid and effective vehicle repairs.
- Partner with engineering, quality and manufacturing to improve vehicle design serviceability to minimize service hours.
- Support engineering through FMEA and validation testing inputs in order to support design for serviceability.
- Develop service engineering department in collaboration with design engineering & quality department.
- Define field replaceable parts and distribution plan in order to minimize shipping lead times to service centers.
- Work with corporate office on the reconciliation of the warranty parts and warranty labor costs between the independent service centers, corporate office, and the contract manufacturer.
- Manage the dissemination of technical publications (i.e. User and service documentation) amongst the independent service centers.
- Partner with ERP Committee to integrate all processes into ERP lifecycle system, including integration of the Dealer Management System with the ERP System
- Establish goals and objectives for the department including, mentoring, training, lead & develop all new/existing team members.
- Conducts performance appraisals on all direct report’s ability to complete their assigned duties effectively.
- Initiating, sustaining & improving KPI’s relating to reduction of Internal, supplier & customer incidents.
- Perform other duties as required by management.
- BS in mechanical technology or graduate from an automotive vocational school and proven relevant experience.
- 8+ years of Automotive industry, work-related experience required.
- Strong business acumen working in growing organizations and best practices.
- Experience with 3rd party service provider selection is required.
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Team player – comfortable consistently working with multiple teams.
- Ability to communicate – builds effective relationships across departments.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- Experience at a national and international level position preferred
- Minimum of 4+ years supervisory experience – preferred.
- Six Sigma/Red X/Lean training – preferred
- In-depth knowledge of inspection tools
While we appreciate all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.