Your best life. Our one purpose.
At MercyOne Siouxland, we understand that elevating patient-centered care comes from the efforts of all colleagues. We imagine and embrace bold new ideas to revolutionize health care.
What we offer:
We care about your wellbeing, both physical and mental, which is why our benefit package includes:
- Wellness programs
- Education reimbursement
- Personalized health insurance plans including dental and vision
- Paid time off
- Long- and short-term leave
- Retirement planning
- Life insurance coverage
About the job:
Under general direction, plans, organizes, coordinates and directs the operations of the Facilities to assure a safe, secure, efficient and continuously-functioning physical plant. Has overall responsibilities for all construction/renovation projects, maintenance, plant operations, safety and industrial hygiene, security and building management services. Is instrumental in promoting quality of life for patients, personnel and the community served.
What you will do:
- Develops and submits budget request for areas of responsibility, provides financial review of responsibility reports including monthly variances reports with appropriate corrective action plans to Senior Leadership.
- Monitors preventative maintenance programs to assure cost effectiveness and longevity of equipment and minimize disruptions in the operations of the physical plant. Monitors maintenance programs that provide for timely and effective repair of the physical plant.
- Provides direction for the power plants to assure proper functioning of utility systems through an engineered program to monitor, continuously upgrade and utilize new technologies to improve services while reducing resource requirements.
- Develops and coordinates program for requesting and scheduling of maintenance work and coordinating work with other departments.
- Develops an energy conservation program and monitors its effectiveness. Continuously modifies the program to take advantage of new technologies.
- Is responsible for providing professional evaluations on all aspects of construction and for insuring efficient construction administration of all projects.
- Interacts with colleagues within Trinity Health and MercyOne as an intelligent network to share ideas and process improvement opportunities for all areas of responsibility.
- Is responsible for construction/renovation project plan review for completeness, code conformance and cost effectiveness and coordinates work with existing facilities to eliminate adverse effects on existing operations.
- Provides direction and ensures that systems are in place and operationalized in order to establish and maintain a high level of cleanliness for member organization grounds.
- Serves on the Environment of Care Committee and assures that issues are resolved and coordinated with other committee members.
- Coordinates space auditing and development of space planning alternatives related to relocation, expansion, or establishment of facility functions.
- Works with professional consultants in areas requiring technical expertise to develop plans and coordinate actions necessary to the maintenance of existing systems and structures and to the appropriate means of upgrading facilities and systems to meet continuing evolution of healthcare requirements.
What we are looking for:
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or architecture required. A Masters Degree in a related field is preferred.
- A minimum of five years prior management experience required.
- Requires a minimum of seven years of experience relating to construction, plant management, engineering, and security (health care setting preferred) or comparable experience.
- Must have an understanding of building codes and governmental regulations as they relate to local, state and federal authorities and National Fire Protection Association. Knowledge of Joint Commission and CMS standards is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal/listening skills to interact effectively with individuals of all backgrounds, experience and educational levels.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills. Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with staff, physicians, and other allied health professionals.
- Individual should be dynamic, creative and intelligent.
- Successful individual should be a mature executive with a professional appearance/demeanor, excellent character, integrity and commitment.
Why MercyOne Siouxland?
MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center is a 238-bed regional center that provides residents in a 33-county tri-state region an entire continuum of preventive, primary, acute and tertiary healthcare services. MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center is home to the only Level II trauma center in western Iowa – one of only four trauma care facilities in the state to receive verification from the American College of Surgeons – and MercyOne Air Med, a regional helicopter ambulance service.
About MercyOne and Trinity Health
We are MercyOne: a connected system of health care facilities and services dedicated to helping you and your community live your best life.
More than 20,000 colleagues strong, our care providers and staff make your health and happiness their highest priority, so you can get well—and stay well. With 420 care locations, our clinics, medical centers and affiliates are never too far from home, allowing us to improve the lives of individuals and communities across the state of Iowa and beyond.
MercyOne Siouxland is a proud member of Trinity Health, one of the nation's largest Catholic healthcare delivery systems, our network spans 22 states, 94 hospitals and 133,000 colleagues nationwide.
The tri-state region, referred to as Siouxland, is highlighted by safe and friendly communities, excellent schools and a mix of peaceful rural areas and vibrant city atmosphere where Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota meet at the Missouri River.
Situated in the heart of Downtown Sioux City, MercyOne Siouxland Medical Center is also well positioned for urban living in any of the newly renovated apartment, downtown loft, or townhome living options. The downtown also features a historic district with excellent restaurants and social spots and you'll just be steps away from the beautifully-renovated Warrior Hotel for dinner and the gorgeous Orpheum Theatre for entertainment.
The MercyOne Mission Defines Us:
MercyOne serves with fidelity to the Gospel as a compassionate, healing ministry of Jesus Christ to transform the health of our communities.
Our timeless values guide us:
- Commitment to the Poor
MercyOne Cultural Beliefs Direct Us:
Be ONE: I benefit from and strengthen MercyOne.
Personalize Care: Your experience. My responsibility.
Own It!: I own my actions to deliver our key results.
Improve Daily: I make improvements every day for those we serve including each other.
Innovate: I imagine and embrace bold new ideas to revolutionize health.
MercyOne Siouxland and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, physical disability or any other classification protected under local, state or federal law.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.