Requirements: Experience, Education & Certification
- Ten years managing Patient Care facilities and related services
- Seven years of management experience
- Experience in an academic medical center or large healthcare entity
- Working knowledge of building equipment controls and instrumentation, building codes and regulatory compliance requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related field
- Preferred Education: Master’s Level Degree
- Preferred Certification: Registration as Professional Engineer or Architect.
The Director, Facilities Management – Ambulatory Patient Care will direct the operations, maintenance, emergency response, alteration, and repair of ambulatory (outpatient) institutional facilities. The Director and staff will provide multiple campus services including housekeeping, grounds keeping, contract management, and small utility generation and maintain building equipment controls and instrumentation, building codes and regulatory compliance requirements.
The Director will be a Subject Matter Expertise in:
Central Utility Plant
Operates a central utility plant serving multiple buildings. May generate chilled water (minimum 2000 tons), hot water, potable water, or steam and condensate and associated emergency power.
Coordinates the development and implementation of plans, procedures and tasks necessary for data centers critical physical infrastructure. The position will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of data center operations.
Ensures safe operation of laboratory HVAC systems; pressurization of laboratory, equipment and corridor spaces, fume hood and biological safety cabinet operations, air valve performance, utility systems; RO and DI water systems, laboratory gases, liquid N2 bulk delivery, cylinder gas supply, clean and dirty side barrier separation, quarantine areas, holding and procedure rooms, manual and robotic cage wash operations and adherence to AAALAC requirements.
Ambulatory patient care facilities
Coordinates the development and implementation of plans, procedures and tasks necessary to assure compliance where applicable with CMS, Joint Commission, FDA, CAP, USP 797, USP 800 or AABB regulations. Works in collaboration with Inpatient Director, EH&S and Infections Control to assure the physical environment meets current standards as reference by the regulatory agencies. Develop programs and services to improve Press Ganey Patient Opinion Scores in concert with others.
- Requisition ID: 131083
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: exempt and not eligible for overtime pay
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Hard
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 0
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 0
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 0