Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Director, Customer Development, Health & Wellness to be based out of Buffalo Grove, IL.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., based in Skillman, N.J., is one of the world’s largest consumer health and personal care products company. Our consumer companies produce many of the world’s most trusted brands, among them JOHNSON’S® Baby, BAND-AID®, NEUTROGENA®, TYLENOL®, MOTRIN®, and LISTERINE®. Each one of our consumer businesses embraces innovative science to create products that anticipate consumer needs and create experiences that help them live healthy, vibrant lives.
The Director of Customer Development oversees a cross-functional team of individuals that include Sales, Logistics, Finance, Customer Service and, in some cases Marketing, to leverage the collective J&J Consumer Companies with our Top 10 Customers.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Influence decision making at the customer and Company(s) levels and accomplish key goals and objectives by working through others who may not have direct reporting relationship to the DCD.
- Serve as a change agent within the CFT or at the customer, driving and instituting strategies that enhance collaborative efforts of J&J companies and devising innovative strategies/solutions that result in increased sales, profit and/or business productivity.
- Integral to the development of skills of team members.
- Define and clarify roles, often in an environment where roles may compete, serve as a coach and mentor to team members and assist team members in understanding how variances within J&J Op. Cos. and impact the business.
- Participate in the performance evaluation and development process by providing formal input to reporting Directors or VPs.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field
- 8 years prior experience in a consumer products company required, including high volume key account or large mass retailers is required
- Cross functional experience is a plus
- At least 4 years of people management experience is required
- Experience working with platinum customers preferred
- Ability to prioritize and to manage multiple priorities successfully
- Ability to work in a complex, matrix environment where priorities change rapidly and tight deadlines exist
- Ability to successfully negotiate internally and externally to align competing needs at high levels across dotted line relationships
- Knowledge of principles of management and training & development systems is preferred
- Proven ability to negotiate successfully and to resolve challenge and conflict arising out of everyday business situations and competing needs across dotted line reporting relationships
- Strong computer skills, including web applications, MS Office and sales database applications per computer proficiency standards
- This role will be located in Buffalo Grove, IL and require up to 15% travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Illinois-Buffalo Grove-
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (6101)