Essential Job Functions:
1. Coordinates clinical syllabi with department chairs.
2. Schedules events for M3 students.
3. Monitors performance of M3 and M4 students on COMLEX examinations and rotation evaluations.
4. Schedules M3 and M4 academic COMAT testing, room reservations and Exam Soft.
5. Monitors performance of COMAT testing.
6. Conducts faculty development with the third and fourth year educators.
7. Collaborates with campus and training site faculty and course directors in curriculum design and evaluation, and course action plans.
8. Revises the Clinical Training Manual.
9. Collaborates with the Department of Medical Education to prepare and monitor analytics on student outcomes.
10. Coordinates with the Assistant Dean and/or Director of Clinical Outreach on site visits.
11. Teaches medical students and physicians various aspects of Clinical Education including evaluations and professional conduct.
12. Participates in small groups, laboratories, etc as requested.
13. Provides and maintains a reliable schedule of office hours for student advising, tutoring, remediation and consultation.
14. Participates in department and college wide committee meetings.
15. Engages in curriculum development related to current and new courses.
16. Maintains a personal professional development plan which may include research or other creative activities.
17. Displays professional behavior and ethics in all aspects of job performance.
18. Enters grades for students into the online portal.
19. Performs other duties assigned or required.
Marginal Job Functions:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Experience and ability in Problem Based Learning and Objective Structured Clinical Examination including standardized patient training.
2. Experience and ability in curriculum and faculty development, instructional design and evaluation in a medical school or other health professional setting.
3. Knowledge and experience in quantitative and qualitative medical education research
Major (if required):
Three (3) years relevant experience in a medical school, other health professional school or educational setting.
Is this a safety sensitive position (are applicants potentially subject to drug testing)?
Does this position require a criminal background screening?