Direct Care Team Staff will be responsible for provision of services to clients including assistance with daily living tasks, meal preparation, behavior monitoring and interventions. The Direct Care Team is responsible for documenting appropriate information throughout the day including Medication Administration, Nutrition, Interventions, Progress Notes, Incidents and other reports where necessary.
High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Knowledge of the some characteristics and concepts of mental retardation, mental health, health disorders and related physical conditions and treatment approaches
- Knowledge of simple nursing care, first-aid, behavior management, personal and environmental hygiene.
- Ability to implement and follow the policies and procedures of the department, facility or service entity.
- Ability to engage in the care, training and rehabilitation of physically and mentally retarded clients or mentally ill.
- Ability to provide basic nursing care, personal care and hygiene.
- Ability to perform established training, care and programmatic activities.
- Ability to teach clients eating, bathing, dressing, grooming and other self care skills.
- Ability to participate with professional staff in the design and implementation of training and programmatic activities.
- Ability to observe the rights and personal dignity of others.
- Ability to observe, record and report clients’ behavior, attitude and physical condition.
- Ability to perform simple math and communicate effectively, both orally and written.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with clients and other employees.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $10.00 to $13.00 /hour