Direct Support Professional position with flexible schedules, 11 paid holidays, 14 days paid vacation, summer and winter bonus, and a comprehensive benefits package options, including but not limited to: health, dental, and vision insurance. 403b Retirement Plan!
Temporary hazard pay of +$2.50 per hour, due to COVID-19. Up to 40 hours per week.
Tues 4p-8p, Wed 4p-8p, Fri 2p-6p, Saturday 12p-6p = 18 hours (female house)
Wed 12:30p-7p, Thurs 12:30p-8p, Sat 7p-9a = 28 hours (female house)
Sun 8am-8pm, Mon 8am-8pm, Tue 8am to 6pm, Fri 2pm-8pm = 40 hours (male and female house)
The Life Skills Coach provides quality care to program participants; implements specific procedures and programs; reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor; and assists the immediate supervisor with tasks to support department operations.
· Provides quality care to program participants in an environment that promotes their rights, dignity, freedom of choice and individuality.
· Is knowledgeable about the Individual Program Plans (IPP), and provides support to the residents according to their plan. Contributes to the planning process by providing the care planning staff with specific information and observations of the participants’ needs and preferences.
· Maintains the comfort, privacy, and dignity of participants in the delivery of services, which may include assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, incontinent care, toileting, transferring, ambulation, and range of motion, communicating or other needs.
· Must be able to assist with the domestic duties of the program, which may include assistance with grocery shopping, meal planning, cooking, cleaning, general upkeep and other duties as assigned.
· Fully understands and abides by the agency’s code of ethics.
· Fully understands all aspects of participants’ rights and is responsible for promptly reporting any evidence of abuse or violation of participant rights.
· Assists with lifts, moves and transporting participants, using proper body mechanics with lifting devices for accident prevention.
· Completes necessary documentation according to the standards set forth by CW.
· Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with participants, CW team members, family members, guardians, case workers, and other stakeholders.
· Transport individuals, as needed, using personal vehicle (i.e., to appointments, work, etc.)
· Assists and transports participants for appointments, errands and community outings.
· Performs all job responsibilities in accordance with the CW Safety and Health policies.
· Ability to use positive behavior reinforcement.
· Ability to follow and implement IPP plan.
· Comply with all CW policies.
· Ability to remain patient and empathetic
· Ability to remain flexible and quickly adapt to changing circumstances
· Must be able to problem solve and offer solutions
· Teamwork oriented, but also able to work independently.
· Ability to adapt communication methods according to the individual’s need.
PHYSICAL WORK TOLERANCES:
· This position is very active and requires frequent standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching.
· Must frequently assist in lifting non-living loads up to 50 lbs.
· Must frequently assists participants’ with transfers.
· While performing this job the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and see to the extent necessary to perform the essential functions of the position.
· High School Diploma or GED
· Ability to speak, read and write in English
· Valid Driver’s License
· Satisfactory driving record per agency’s insurance company standards.
· Direct Support experience preferred
· Brain injury experience preferred
· Must be able to read, write, and speak English to the extent necessary to perform the essential functions of the job
· Must be able to perform basic math skills to the extent necessary to perform the job
· Must have, or be willing to obtain the following certifications: DSP, CRMA, MANDT within four months of hire, must also have Behavioral Training, and Specialized Brain Injury Training.
· Must be able to successfully complete the specialized brain injury curriculum
· Organization/Prioritizing skills
DIRECTLY REPORTS TO: House Manager and/or Residential Manager
SUPPORTED BY: House Manager, Residential Manager, Program Manager, Chief Operations Officer
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Non-exempt, hourly
- Generous benefit package including health insurance, dental, vision and life insurance, flexible spending account
- 403B retirement plan with company match after 1 year
- Paid holidays and 14 days of paid vacation (with scheduled increases)
- Employee Assistance Program which includes up to 3 confidential and complimentary sessions per year with a professionally trained therapist (affiliated with EAP) for you or your immediate family to utilize if you wish
- Tuition Reimbursement after 1 year of employment (one per semester if related to field of work, up to 50% reimbursement)
- Employee Wellness Program which includes up to $150 in wellness reimbursement for any gym membership/workout class fees you may accrue through the year. *Must be enrolled in our health insurance plan to qualify
- Opportunity to advance to a House Manager, Program Manager, other
- Excellent training curriculum
- CDS, CRMA, Mandt, QBISP, CPR and First Aid classes where we pay for the training and you get paid to learn
- Extremely supportive environment where management is committed to your success
*Please note that many of these benefits are applicable for full-time employees only. Part-time employees that work 20+ hours per week are eligible for pro-rated benefits/vacation time. Feel free to reach out to HR for questions.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.25 – $14.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place