Direct Care Professional
- Title: Direct Care Professional
- Effective Date: 9/1/2020
- Job Family: Residential and Community Services
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Reports To: Residential Supervisor/ Program Manager
- Populations Served: Children and Adult (8 – 64 yrs.)
To provide services to patient’s in community and or residential programs to include MH/IDD, Residential Moderate Living.
- To provide services to patients identified with MH/IDD Disabilities to include but not limited to:
- Provides transportation in personal or agency vehicles and comply with agency rules and regulations.
- Prepares meals and ensures compliance with universal health standards.
- Assists coordinator as needed in program activities.
- Maintains appropriate logs.
- Works on behalf of persons in assuring service delivery.
- Accompanies patients to outside appointments. Assures that patients understand the process and information given and that patient’s views and rights are evident and clear to all interested parties
- Interacts appropriately with Innovations Program patients, and provides support and supervision according to rules and regulations.
- Assists counselors and therapist in assuring services needed are rendered.
- Assists the patient in development of the patient’s Behavioral Health self-management goals and care plan. Documents the patients’ progress with meeting goals.
- Assist in clerical duties as assigned.
- Ability to work shift-hours as scheduled to include evenings, overnights, and weekends.
- Organizational Skills, Communication Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Customer Relations, Mathematical, Analytical, Grammar, Spelling, Read Comprehend Written Instructions, Follow Verbal Instructions, Basic Computer Skills, General Clerical Skills.
- General environment: Works in a well-lighted, air-conditioned area, with moderate noise levels.
- May be exposed to high noise levels and bright lights.
- May be exposed to limited hazardous substances or body fluids, or infectious organisms.
- May be required to change from one task to another of different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur.
- May be scheduled as needed including overtime relocation outside of home site or department.
- May be exposed to physical aggression
- High school diploma and at least 2 years interactive work experience in a human services or health care organization.
- 2 years interactive work experience in a human service or health care organization.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively before groups or organizations.
- Have near normal hearing; Hear alarms/telephone/tape recorder/normal speaking voice
- Have near normal vision: Clarity of vision (both near and far), ability to distinguish colors
- Have good manual dexterity
- Have good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks/motion
- Occasionally within shift (1-33%) : (Sitting, Climbing, Reaching above shoulder, Lift/carry > 50 lbs. with assistance)
- Frequently within shift (34-66%) : (Twist at waist, Pushing/Pulling)
- Continuously within shift (67-100%) : (Standing, Walking, Bending/Stooping)
RISK CLASSIFICATION LEVEL
- Level I (job classification in which colleagues have occupational risks to blood borne pathogens)
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURES
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/First Aid
- NCI+ Training (Annually)
- Medication Administration (Annually)
- Current NC Driver’s License.
- Other agency specific trainings, ex: core competencies
- Collaborative Leadership – WE, not me
- Value of Valuing – WE value the strengths and uniqueness of everyone
- Teamwork – WE work together
- Integrity – WE do the right thing
- Learning Environment – WE question, WE learn, WE innovate
- Continuous Improvement – OUR excellence tomorrow is greater than OUR excellence today!
Understands and fulfills job responsibilities and expectations as defined in the job description.
- Possesses current and comprehensive skill and knowledge to perform all parts of the job effectively and efficiently.
- Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills, professional knowledge and expertise.
- Requires minimal day-to-day direction to perform responsibilities.
- Acts as resource in area of specialty and is able to share best practices and answer questions as needed.
- Possess knowledge of mental health/IDD issues and innovation programs.
- Ability to deal effectively with stress and work under pressure.
Maintains and develops clinical and professional skills and knowledge.
- Identifies strengths and development needs through self-evaluation.
- Participates in educational activities related to knowledge & professional issues.
- Maintains professional records that provide evidence of competency and learning.
- Takes action to achieve goals identified during the evaluation process.
- Participates in a formal committee or program.
- Shares knowledge and skills with peers and colleagues.
- Complete assigned Annual Education in a timely manner.
- Attend Mandatory Quarterly Meetings within BUOC organization
Displays a commitment to excellence in quality of work.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Monitors own work to ensure quality; finds root causes of quality problems.
- Owns and acts on quality problems; applies feedback to improve performance.
SAFETY AND SECURITY:
Follows all safety and security procedures.
- Identifies and reports hazards or potentially.
- Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines.
- Ensures clean and safe patient environment.
CODE OF CONDUCT:
I will be a solid role model to others in delivering excellence in all that I do as a representative of BUOC by exhibiting the following behaviors:
- I will display empathy and concern about the well-being of others I will not participate or encourage idle gossip.
- I will speak positively and with encouragement regarding the mission and vision of Bottom Up Outreach Center and other initiatives represented by Multi Therapeutic Services,, Finance, Culture and Governance.
- I will display a positive attitude in support of events related to BUOC.
- I will display appropriate respect to my co-workers and patients.
- I will strive to be a wise and a trusted coach, teacher and mentor as I fulfill my role as a fellow colleague.
- I will support and encourage the positive endeavors of my colleagues at all times.
- I will graciously accept constructive feedback and strive to overcome personal challenges that I may be facing in order to become a positive and strong role model.
- I will communicate with respect and integrity when representing BUOC to all internal and external guests (email, telephone, etc.).
- I will strive to display behaviors guided by principles, character and values of BUOC.
- I will fully participate with commitment and zeal in assignments related to my role and responsibilities.
- I will avoid behaviors or conduct that could be described as offensive, demeaning, condescending, hostile, threatening, intimidating, sarcastic or humiliating towards others. I will not use profanity.
- I will always take full responsibility for my actions and the consequences of my actions.
- I will respect and follow the policies and procedures of BUOC.
STANDARDS OF PROFESSIONAL PERFORMANCE:
Provide assistance to patients and visitors when administering care.
- Enhances the quality and effectiveness of position.
- Attains knowledge and competency that support position.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Engages in teamwork as a team player and a team builder.
Documents and submits required information and data in a timely fashion.
- Clearly and accurately documents designated processes, policies, products, service offerings, etc.
- Ensures that documentation is tailored to expected readers / users.
- Uses correct terminology.
- Conforms to required style and format.
Uses the results of quality improvement activities.
- Uses creativity and innovation to improve care delivery.
- Incorporates evidence-based knowledge to initiate change in practices
Related keywords: direct support professional, dsp, caregiver, hiring immediately
Related keywords: direct support professional, dsp, caregiver, hiring immediately
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $10.00 – $12.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
All Consumer and employees must wear masks at all times unless eating or bathing
- Caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Required)
- Overnight Shift (Required)
- One location
Hours per week:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place