The Hosp./DR manager, under the General Manager’s supervision, represents Undine in direct contact with our Clients, their employees, and facility guests (i.e., residents or patients and their family members) for setting standards, ensuring compliance in all areas of unit operations, communicating and demonstrating our business values. He/she has the accountability for helping to lead the facility Team Members within the context of operational standards, company policy, and personnel practices and for providing hands on contributions.
Essential Functions and Key Tasks:
The following table describes the balance of the “ideal” (and ultimately necessary) skills, knowledge and competencies for the Hosp./DR manager, a model and goal that is part of a continuing personal management development process.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (verbal and written) with residents, guest AND know what, when and how to communicate depending on audience and subject matter (sensitivity and timing)
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (verbal and written) to his/her employees AND know what, when and how to communicate depending on audience and subject matter (sensitivity and timing)
- Ability to set high performance and behavioral expectations AND follow up to ensure that expectations are being met.
- Adaptable, willing to learn AND able to apply learning to current duties to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Flexible in viewpoint to evaluate and manage situations AND complete honesty and personal integrity in dealings with clients, Team Members and with company assets and operations
- Ability to produce and deliver consistently high quality meals AND do so within budget and payroll requirements for assigned schedule.
- Ability to operate with minimal direction AND collaboratively taking company’s perspective to work with supervision to achieve company goals.
- Ability to deal with immediate priorities AND anticipate needs to avoid always putting out fires
- Ability to be supportive of his/her Team Members’ needs AND willing and able to represent and support management philosophy, policies & procedures, and necessary changes.
- Ability to follow systems, programs, and policies to achieve company standards AND recognizing when a situation requires initiative to go above and beyond standard expectations.
- Conduct meetings with residents and their families to ensure satisfaction with dining service and help with appropriate menu selection.
- Circulates dining rooms during meal periods, interacts with residents to ensure satisfaction..
- Performs daily audits of safety, sanitation, food quality, meal delivery at point of service, and quality standards to optimize financial and operational performance,
- Maintains proper record that track meal served by resident and revenues collected within the dining rooms and bistro.
Education and Experience:
- An undergraduate (BS/BA) degree in Food Science, Nutrition, Culinary Arts or Hotel/Restaurant Management is required.
- In absence of a bachelor’s degree, a candidate must have an Associate’s Degree and have completed the Certified Dietetic Manager program (or state equivalent).
- 3-5 years related experience and/or training at Dining Services Director level or equivalent level (preferably in a Long Term Care or Acute Care environment); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires repetitive wrist motion.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly