Ready to join a collaborative team with growth opportunity and the ability to make an impact? Our Graphic Services team is has an opportunity for a Digital Media Designer in our Livonia office!
This team supports the production and processing of graphic files for all products within our Valassis Portfolio. We also manage the creation of the Have You Seen Me Program (the Missing Child banners on our products).
As a Digital Media Designer, you’ll be supporting major and small clients in a variety of verticals (restaurant, retail, CPG, healthcare, and more).
What you’ll do:
- Utilize technical knowledge and design skills to create artwork and coding, or converting client supplied creative into effective designs according to Valassis specifications for digital products.
- Ensure production responsibilities are completed to meet Service Level Agreement guidelines and client expectation.
- Communicate with internal leaders/associates to resolve client-supplied code issues and design needs as well as providing recommendations and technical assistance to increase their knowledge of Valassis best practices and artwork specifications.
- Produce maximum number of quality art files while optimizing efficiencies.
- Research emerging best practices and new technology updates relating to digital practices.
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) and 1-3 years related experience.
- Familiarity with HTML/CSS.
- Understanding of HTML5 animation.
- Solid understanding of web and email design principles (e.g. web standards, user-centered design, information architecture, browser standards-compliance, cross browser compatibility issues).
- Solid portfolio for designing emails, rich media display advertising and landing pages for both desktop and mobile devices within a fast-pace environment.
- Strong organization skills while working in a team environment across multiple locations.
- Strong work ethic, professionalism and emotional intelligence with a passion for visual design and fast paced production.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively with clarity and transparency across various levels of the business.
Valassis offers a generous total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, dollar for dollar 401k matching and generous PTO allowance. A wide variety of additional benefits like life insurance, employee assistance and pet insurance are also available not to mention smart and friendly coworkers!
Valassis considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. In addition, Valassis will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.