The Climate Corporation is developing data-driven recommendations and digital tools to help global customers improve their productivity and sustainability. To develop these digital tools, our Science organization needs the necessary data sets to build predictive models. Further, recommendations from these models must be tested to confirm value creation prior to commercialization. Typically, our models are tested in multiple conditions, maybe over multiple seasons and usually multiple times before we commercialize a product. The Science Implementation Teams are responsible for many aspects of data collection, both to generate data for model building, as well as to ensure we have a successful program and process to evaluate new research models and concepts with our customers.
One part of the Implementation Team is the Alpha team which is accountable for working closely with growers, scientists, and data analysts to gain insights and validate science tools and product concepts. The individual will be expected to have a strong customer focus, aptitude for learning and understanding digital tools, and ensuring those tools are being applied most effectively by growers. The individual will be the face of the Climate Science organization with growers enrolled in Alpha tests and will coordinate all interactions to drive value for the company and our customers.
- Work directly with key Climate growers to test early stage science tools and concepts in real world operations
- Manage grower relationships within the Science Alpha projects to ensure successful outcomes with the program
- Partner cross-functionally with Climate Science, Product, Marketing and Commercial to understand how agricultural data can be used to create new digital tools and product concepts
- Work with the goal of leveraging Science tools to drive action within grower operations; build concept tools as necessary to achieve that goal
- Provide real-time feedback to growers regarding status of testing at critical time points during the season
- Capture and share grower insights and learnings back into Climate Science to refine ongoing tool development efforts
- Be an expert user and teacher of commercially deployed Climate FieldView platform
- Create and visualize new opportunities which articulate grower needs and shed light on new business opportunities
- Ph.D. or M.S. with 5 years of relevant work experience or B.S. degree with 10 years of relevant work experience in agriculture sciences or applied data science.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills with an ability to take complex scientific concepts and translate them into simple messages with customers
- Willingness to travel and work with growers at their operations; greater than 30% travel commitment
- Strong knowledge of agriculture equipment, farming operations and agricultural challenges
- Ability and inclination to work in multi-disciplinary environments, and desire to see ideas realized in practice
- Problem solving skills to develop quick yet sound solutions to resolve complex issues
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving ability
- Background in agriculture and ability to partner effectively and build rapport with growers
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
- Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
- A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
- Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
- We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
- Inspire one another
- Innovate in all we do
- Leave a mark on the world
- Find the possible in the impossible
- Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation – The Technology Behind Making A Difference
https://youtu.be/c5TgbpE9UBI or visit https://climate.com/careers
Climate aims to create a welcoming and collaborative environment for our employees in which a diverse set of perspectives and voices are represented and celebrated.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, The Climate Corporation is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, sex (including pregnancy), protected veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any unlawful criterion existing under applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]