We are seeking a Dietary Services Manager (Kitchen Manager) to join our management team at Fort Vancouver Post Acute. The ideal Dietary Services Manager will manage our dietary department and be part of our outstanding management team. If your passion is food and nutrition and providing a great dining experience for our residents, we would love to hear from you.
- Enforces dietary policies and processes with the assistance of the Consultant Dietitian.
- Represents Dietary Department at staff meetings and communicates pertinent administration information to staff.
- Verifies compliance with both State and Federal standards of participation for long-term care Centers.
- Adapts master menu cycle to individual and Center preferences with Consultant Dietitian.
- Purchases or requisitions food supplies in appropriate quantities based on the menu.
- Supervises proper receiving and storage of food.
- Maintains and issues a file of standardized recipes adjusted to proper yield.
- Supervises food preparation and service; verifies high level of food quality and compliance with food service regulations.
- Verifies high sanitation standards. Maintain current cleaning schedules.
- Verifies proper equipment maintenance in cooperation with ED and Maintenance Department.
- Controls dietary cost within budget, including food/supplements, labor, supplies, and equipment.
- Prepare meals and/or perform functions of Cooks and Dietary Aides in instances of unscheduled absences and to monitor meal service quality and procedural accuracy. May be scheduled to routinely perform Cook or Dietary Aide functions in smaller Centers.
- Implements dietary components of current care plans for residents. Participates in the care planning process with the Interdisciplinary Team.
- Participates with ED in dietary staff selection, supervision, and termination.
- Schedules Dietary Department employees for work and to attend required orientation and training programs.
- Planning and conducting ongoing in-service training.
- Visits residents to obtain food preferences and assists in gathering information for nutritional assessment.
- Communicates appropriate information to other members of the health team.
- Follows up and implements recommendations from the Consultant Dietitian, in consultation with the ED.
- Maintains essential records:
- Menus (per state regulation).
- Purchase records (6 months).
- Diet Roster and Nourishment List.
- Dietary Department schedule.
- Temperature logs: Food, Dish machine, Refrigerator, Freezer (3 Months).
- Keeps tray tickets up to date for each resident.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to travel and/or attend educational offerings presented by the Center, as well as approved offerings by Association conferences or other entities.
- Ability to read and write in English, with knowledge of arithmetic and units of measurement used in food preparation.
- Knowledge of emergency and disaster processes.
- Moderate to heavy lifting (50 pound maximum), bending, reaching, and stooping.
- Ability to use good judgment, make decisions, and direct the work of others.
EDUCATION, LICENSURE, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Possess or have the ability to obtain Certification to meet the qualifications for a Dietary Manager set by State and Federal regulations. (We will assist in obtaining certification, if needed.)
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Sick Leave
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Hardship Fund
- 100% Employee Owned Company
For immediate consideration, please apply online or visit our center to complete an application. Please include a copy of your most recent resume.
Fort Vancouver Post Acute
8507 NE 8th Way
Vancouver, WA 98664
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.