Rollingbrook Rehab & Healthcare Center is looking for Dietary Aides to join our team!
A Dietary Aide works in Food Service Department under direct supervision of Dietary Director and Lead Cook; works with different diets and has knowledge of tray line service; has direct resident contact when serving meals; prepares desserts, beverages, nourishment and prepares special activity events, as schedules. Must be knowledgeable of quality improvement, infection control and have the ability to work well with people. Knowledgeable about portion control, serving techniques and policies and procedures of department.
- Able to communicate and follow instructions.
- Some food service experience is preferred.
- Must be qualifies in accordance with state specific dietary and nursing home requirements (such as certifications, etc.).
- Must meet background check requirements outlined in the Bars to Employment Guidelines from the state of Texas at time of hire and annually thereafter.
- Must be able to pass drug screen.
- Participates in and completes all required in-service trainings.
- Demonstrate an awareness of proper infection Control Practices by using universal precautions and following policies and procedures of Momentum Skilled Services.
- Must be able to remain standing most of the working hours; must be able to lift up to 75 lbs. maximum (infrequently) and 50 lbs. (frequently) with proper body mechanics and techniques. Stooping, stretching, bending and pushing do occur when performing duties.
- Must be aware of total working areas; must know location of all equipment and safe use of same; a preference for working with things and objects and for performing routine, organized tasks; adaptable to work that involves ability to perform repetitive duties under specific instructions.
- Manual dexterity and motor coordination are required to handle dishes and trays rapidly and efficiently and to work with various cleaning supplies.
- Must be able to work in a repetitive manner; must be able to handle emergencies which may occur, must be able to keep control of self and fellow employees; must be able to communicate with all disciplines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.