Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The Specialty Materials segment manufactures products that provide more than 150 material formulations for glass, glass ceramics and fluoride crystals to meet demand for unique customer needs. Consequently, this segment operates in a wide variety of commercial and industrial markets that include display optics and components, semiconductor optics components, aerospace and defense, astronomy, ophthalmic products, telecommunications components and cover glass that is optimized for portable display devices.
Diamond Turning Technicians
We have a number of Diamond Turning Tech positions available at multiple levels. We welcome an opportunity to speak with you in more detail about your level of skill and experience related to Diamond Turning.
Our Diamond Turning Techs follow specific procedures to produce precision parts and optics to be used in the manufacturing process. Programming may be required depending on level of skill and experience; complexity of parts increases with skill level and experience.
- Set-up and operate CNC Diamond Turning machines from proven or new programs and other documentation with limited supervision
- Follows instruction on routers and drawings and uses proper methods of producing a quality part
- Inspect and document all specified features using a variety of inspection devices within the diamond turning department including interferometers, profilometers, and mechanical gauges to verify spheres, ashperes, flats, or other opto-mechanical components
- Complies with ISO 9001 and follows Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintains work quality with minimal supervision
- May initiate and assist in developing practical solutions with engineering on problem jobs based on knowledge and expertise
- Work cross functionally to define processes, tooling and fixtures
- Depending on level, may be asked to act as trainer/mentor once proficient in Corning processes
- Minimum qualifications include High School Diploma or equivalent; basic blue print reading, and 1-2 years of experience in a machine shop or optics fabrication. Must be able to work and collaborate as part of a larger team.
- Preferred qualifications include a 2 year technical degree, advanced blue print reading, and 3-5 years working in a machine shop or optics fabrication. Must be able to work and collaborate as part of a larger team.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Nearest Major Market: Bellows Falls
Nearest Secondary Market: Keene