Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Diagnostic Sonographer (0.9 FTE, Night Shift) to work for the Ultrasound Department at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA.
Performs a variety of sonographic examinations dealing with OB/GYN, abdominal and small parts. Expectations also include assisting the radiologist during invasive procedures. Makes a clinical judgment of the patient's condition, based on information obtained from the referring physician, medical records, patient interview and personal assessments.
In this position you will:
- Demonstrates mastery of job-related knowledge and skills. Is motivated to expand knowledge base
- Keeps knowledge and technical skills current by seeking out opportunities for self-learning and ongoing professional development
- Understands and effectively operates all pieces of equipment utilized within the scope of job performance
- Demonstrates the ability to obtain high quality diagnostic ultrasound images, utilizing knowledge of technical factors, transducer selection, positioning techniques, anatomy, physiology and associated clinical pathology
- Understands and follows exam protocols as established by the ultrasound physicians
- Demonstrates proper equipment setup and patient preparation for ultrasound procedures
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate from an accredited Ultrasound training program
- Board eligible or RDMS (Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer) in OB/GYN
- RDMS (Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer) in Abdomen and OB/GYN required
- If new graduate, must become registered in Abdomen and OB/GYN within 1 year of hire date
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required at time of hire from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN)
- One (1) year experience as an ultrasound technologist or ultrasound intern
About the First Hill Campus:
The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Mission is to improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Our Vision is Health for a Better World.
Swedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency rooms and specialty center in Redmond (East King County) and the Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout the greater Puget Sound area. Swedish employs nearly 13,000 caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: EKG and Monitor Techs
Work Locations: First Hill Main Bldg (WA145) 747 Broadway Seattle, 98122
Req ID: 283967