Associate Development Manager
POSITION: ASSOCIATE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT COMPANY has an immediate opening in our corporate office in Charleston, South Carolina for an experienced, full-time Associate Development Manager. Candidate will start out as an Associate Development Manager with goal to become full-fledged Development Manager as soon as practicable.
An Associate Development Manager assists with and oversees numerous retail based development projects and helps develop a pipeline of quality sites and new opportunities consistent with the companies’ criteria and strategic plan.
- Hands on project management position for free standing single tenant projects.
- Sources and “qualifies” site opportunities by analyzing demographic, zoning, cost and other pertinent market information to ensure compliance with client’s criteria as well as the “quality” of the sites.
- Prepares initial site layouts and feasibility reports.
- Works with owners and/or brokers to negotiate key business terms and facilitate LOI.
- Reviews contracts for accurate representation of agreement, timelines, obligations, easements, entitlements, signage rights, earnest money and costs.
- Prepares Real Estate Committee site approval package for submittal to clients.
- Researches and identifies potential issues and risks with each site (zoning, variance requirements, restrictions, etc.) that can impact the deal and communicates recommendations to the internal team.
- Manages all aspects of the due diligence process including, but not limited to: feasibility studies, geotechnical evaluations, environmental audits, and survey.
- Works with consultants and with municipal and neighborhood leaders in guiding each project through its development process.
- Manages real estate process and resolution of contractual issues thru deal closing.
- Manages multiple projects, schedules and activities.
- Reviews construction budgets, site plans, civil drawings, building plans.
- Oversees the construction of projects to ensure quality.
- Establishing and maintaining network of engineers, architects, tenants, etc.
- Fosters and maintains existing relationships with national retail clients.
- Tracks competitor’s locations, sales volume and other relevant information.
- Develops and cultivates relationships with the broker and real estate community, potential clients and retailers, professional organizations, etc.
- Continually keeps abreast of market and industry trends, economics, governmental processes and legal parameters.
- Communicates regularly and effectives with the project team providing routine updates and proactively identifies upcoming deadlines that affect the team.
- Performs other projects / duties as needed
- Prefer 2+ years of related experience within the commercial real estate industry.
- Must be proficient with scheduling with Microsoft Project.
- Ideal to be proficient with AutoCad and Photoshop type programs.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of real estate contracts & leases, design and construction matters.
- Self-starter, problem solver and ability to perform with sense of urgency.
- Ability to work independently or within group dynamic .
- Must be able to travel as needed (likely less than 20%).
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- MBA or Law degree is a plus.
- Real estate license is a plus.
- Strong “hunter” instinct and competitive drive to succeed.
- Must be able to operate in a stressful, deadline driven environment while still maintaining a strict attention to detail with the ability to prioritize issues appropriately.
- Exceptional negotiation and deal-making experience.
- Strong market analysis skills and knowledge of site selection.
- Knowledge of real estate processes, contracts and other documents involved in real estate development transactions (specifically site assessment through loan closing).
- Exceptional time management skills; proven track record in planning ahead to meet desired results.
- Acts in a competent, responsible, timely manner with a high level of professionalism and integrity.
- Superb organizational skills and able to streamline process and responsibilities by using technology and good processes.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong work ethic; self motivated.
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents.
- Knowledge of construction standards, work methods, materials and operating practices.
Related keywords: non profit, manager
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 – $35.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible