Interested in working with one of the markets leading manufacturers? The Greenheck Group is a leading growth-focused, environmentally conscious, commercial HVAC manufacturer. Join our team which proudly designs and manufactures the most comprehensive line of ventilation products in the industry. The Greenheck Group is a dynamic multi- branded international organization. Our equipment is used worldwide in commercial, institutional, and industrial facilities, ranging from comfort ventilation to manufacturing processes. Our efficient products improve comfort, safety, and health of lives across the planet. Since 1947, we are deeply committed to helping you “Build Your Future,” through professional growth, challenging leadership roles, and exciting opportunities around the world.
Create and update product design drawings, submittals and bill of materials as they are laid out by the product design team. Tasks are handed down from design team(s) to Designer I. Tasks are very specific with little or no non-standard work assignments. Work may include but is not limited to: Drawing changes/revisions, IAN's and/or other documentation as required.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create drawings for new products, changes to existing products and special design requests using computer-aided design technology under direction of design team
- Interpret customer drawings, pictures, as well as written and verbal descriptions into a design that meets the customers’ needs while also manufacturing best practices.
- Assist in preparing bill-of-materials on new and changed designs and special design requests under direction of design team
- Maintains drawing files (CAD, PDF and other documentation)
- May be involved with the BOM work and setup of purchased components under direction of the design team
- Minimal involvement with prototyping new sheet metal designs
- May provide support to sales and marketing staff through the creation of submittal drawings or technical assistance on simple inquiries under the direction of the design team / supervisor
- May provide technical direction to shop floor personnel to correct simple sheet metal product design problems as they arise. Communicate design problems to appropriate engineering personnel for corrective action
- Under the direction of the design team, prepare information for needed documentation (Drawings for operation manuals, maintenance files, purchase part info records, etc.) related to a design project
- May assist in the resolution of field problems by traveling to the site with other engineering staff as needed
- May participate (help) in value engineering projects to continually improve the cost efficiency of design and manufacturing processes in the form of drawing changes and IAN completion (BOM work) as directed by design team
Work requires extensive technical or specialized training such as that which would be acquired in the first two or three years of college or technical school.
Knowledge of CAD systems (AutoCAD and Inventor Preferred). No knowledge required of the products or systems.
Product knowledge is preferred, but not required
The preceding statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people in this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills.