Inspire customers to express themselves in their kitchen. Bring the Williams-Sonoma shopping experience to a seamless close as you assist customers & complete sales at the cash wrap. Promote continued customer engagement & give customers a reason to stay connected with our Brand.
Who we are…
Our mission is to enhance the quality of our customers’ lives at home. We put the customer at the center of everything we do, every day. Our corporate values that guide our actions and decisions are our People First culture, customers, quality, shareholders, integrity, and corporate responsibility.
Who you are…
- Global Business Acumen – Understand the complexity of business on a global scale. Embrace cultural and individual differences with empathy. Work with the nuances of specific local cultures to make informed decisions.
- Strategic and Analytical Capability – Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively. Effectively translates data into actionable insights, strategies and financial plans
- Leading Teams – Attracts, develops and motives the talent needed for current and future business requirements. Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high performance expectations and sets example through own behavior. Ensures alignment of individual goals with overall business objectives. Coaches team members to success and holds individuals accountable for achieving results.
- Drive for Results – Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality. Demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment.
- Effective Communication – Communicates clearly and effectively with associates at all levels, board members, external partners and customers. Strong verbal and written presentation skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and presentation style to multiple audiences.
- Influence and Collaboration – Builds and sustains collaborative relationships at multiple levels in the company. Able to work through complex disagreements and conflict to achieve resolution. Builds trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams focused on the success of the entire company.
At Williams Sonoma you will…
- Utilize design expertise to assist clients in one on one consultations in the store and in-home regarding the design of their living spaces to drive store sales.
- Perform productive in-home consultations including the ability to accurately measure and assess the client’s living space.
- Engage the clients in a professional and personable way that demonstrates your personal passion for the product.
- Maintain a professional appearance that represents the Williams Sonoma brand.
- Create and present design plans based on client’s needs, style, preferences and living space.
- Follow through on product arrivals and set up with each client to ensure a seamless experience.
- Demonstrate excellent clienteling skills including following up with clients regarding promotions, new product arrivals etc.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions in order to achieve and exceed established sales and productivity goals.
- Utilizing exemplary World class service standards assist customers with special services including: gift wrap, gift registry, locating merchandise, catalog/internet orders, special orders, back orders, charge sends, courier deliveries, and furniture orders.
- Demonstrate superior product knowledge, including features and benefits of the entire design studio assortment.
- Efficiently and accurately perform register transactions i.e., sales, returns, and exchanges.
- Assist in implementation and maintenance of visual merchandise presentation, signage and lighting.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
What we’re looking for…
- 1-2 years retail sales experience, (specialty retail preferred, but not required).
- 1-2 years customer service experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong clienteling and customer follow-up skills.
- Ability to complete and coordinate complex large orders within a variety of sales channels.
- Ability to think proactively to anticipate client’s needs.
- Experience in working with the six elements of design preferred.
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Employment/promotion to this role will be contingent on successful completion of a background check.
- Full time associates are expected to have open availability to meet the needs of the business. Casual associates must be available to work a minimum of two regularly scheduled shifts on the weekend (Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday) and one during the week (Monday to Thursday). Associates must be available for annual inventory and entire holiday season (November and December).
- Example: Weekend availability cannot fall on the same day; an associate must be available on two separate days (Friday and Saturday, Friday and Sunday or Saturday and Sunday) If preferred, an associate can also choose to have all three shifts of availability on the weekend (Friday to Sunday) and none during the week (Monday to Thursday).
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (the ‘AODA’) in Ontario, Williams-Sonoma Canada would like to advise that it complies with all applicable requirements of the AODA and, if necessary, provides accessibility for all applicants and associates with physical and mental disabilities, both during recruitment and employment If an applicant or an associate is in need of an accommodation for a disability, contact a General Manager and any store location for assistance